No announcement yet.

My 3B Coupé Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I managed to get a little time to work on the old banger at the weekend, in between the snow showers.
    Not much progress I'm afraid, just the new bomb in place and the ABS unit in it's new home. Now I just have to make sure I put all the brake pipes back in the right places.

I've also been told that I have to get a new master cylinder reservoir, as the old one looks too manky. The list of new parts seems to be never ending.
    SS

Comment

• Schweet!!!

Looks good, that carbon bracket looks pretty tuff too!!
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Almost as clean as Steve's
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Dammit Stu, just had a bit of a read-up and it's good to see progress is being made! The quality of the job justifies the snail pace

Seriously, I'm jealous - makes me wanna, um 'reclaim' my engine parts and get a 3B shell in the garage
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post

Seriously, I'm jealous - makes me wanna, um 'reclaim' my engine parts and get a 3B shell in the garage
            You should do so!

Comment

• "Is niiiiiiice" - well done Stu - clearly a man of much patience... The results are visible
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Cheers guys.
                It's tedious work trying parts in place, making sure nothing interferes with each other, before fixing things into place. A few bits have had to go in and come out again several times. It would be a lot easier if I was putting everything back in as it was originally.
                I’m trying to sort out where the A/C pipes, hydraulic hoses, brakes pipes and wiring looms are going before I put the engine in the way.
                As you can see the engine bay is starting to look a mess again.

SS

Comment

• You love it Stu!!!

Comment

• Well, after a bit of lifting and wiggling last night, the engine is back where it belongs, in the car.

I think putting the engine on the scales before we lifted it into place may have been a bad move. I didn't really want to know that it weighed 110kg before we had to carry it to the front of the car and mate it to the gearbox. Still, it wasn’t too bad between two of us, even if it was almost our combined weight.
                    New 3B block/gearbox locating sleaves were finally received (after the usual factory back-order wait ) and fitted. I put a new clutch release bearing in too.

Thanks to AnLe for the new engine mounts, time will tell how firm they are, but they look like a better option than those solid 034 Motorsprt items IMHO.

Now it’s about time I got that cylinder head sorted. I just need to get some time in the machine shop.
                    SS

Comment

• What engine mounts exactly did you use?

Comment

• See here. Handmade by a man in Finland.
                        He also has some very nice flywheels.
                        SS

Comment

• Starting to come together and looks lovely and clean.

Just out of interest the front pulley is that just drilled to save a bit of weight and do you have any close up shots? Just don't remember seeing the holes/marks on one before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            Starting to come together and looks lovely and clean.

Just out of interest the front pulley is that just drilled to save a bit of weight and do you have any close up shots? Just don't remember seeing the holes/marks on one before.
                            They are balancing holes, Stu great work as ever
                            Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                              See here. Handmade by a man in Finland.
                              He also has some very nice flywheels.
                              Thanks for the link. They look robust and will probably be rock solid

Comment

• Any updates on this stu? was wondering what paint colour yours was as I always thought it was blue, but from what I can tell looks panther metallic black? if so its a bit rarer

Comment

Working...
                                X