X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Good news. I received a message late yesterday that my car has been painted! I would have gone to see it for myself today, but I had to attend a birthday party for a 2 year old. By the time I was back to my neck of the woods the shop had closed. From the sounds of it there is some trim pieces, mirrors, etc. that remain unpainted, but at least we got the bulk of it out of the way.

Pics coming soon!!

Comment

• hmm, celebrating too soon? wait to see all the mistakes they have made. maybe the car is yellow now
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Funny you say that. The painters message to me said "I like the green color you chose, everyone at the shop really likes it". I knew better than to believe that.

Comment

• Fingers and everything else crossed for you Tom... i hope their work meets you standards and you the you can crack on btw remember to pm me the night before you call again
            S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

• cool - hope the work is up to scratch.

this build-up will be immense
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• FINALLY the RS2 is painted. The car has been lightly sanded to help the paint cure, which is why the car has a dull appearance. The entire interior of the has been painted also so there is no more red to be seen. It will be buffed to a high gloss after the car has cured. The bonnet, wings, doors and hatch will be bolted up later this week. We've still got the rocker covers, mirrors, door trim, etc to paint, but at least I'll be able to bring the car home soon and start putting her together.

More soon!

Comment

• woooohoooo RS2 America is looking alive and ready for love. Happy for you buddy
                  Cheers mis amigos,
                  _Anton

Comment

• soo pleased for you Tom
                    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

• wow...an RS2 is born. Re-read this last night and you gotta just love the dedication to the cause on this, it's going to be amazing when she's complete, nice one Tom
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Fantastic! They say good things come to those who wait, you Tom, must have the patience of a saint. We've all been waiting for this. I look forward to following more regular build updates now y'hear?

Comment

• How do you buff a metallic paint? or is the blue just plain and the metallic in the first layer of clear?
                          Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Cheers for that. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing back in my garage.

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                            wow...an RS2 is born. Re-read this last night and you gotta just love the dedication to the cause on this, it's going to be amazing when she's complete, nice one Tom
                            David, I stayed up late last night and re-read my thread again also. I couldn't go to sleep.....too many thoughts running through my head.

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                            Fantastic! They say good things come to those who wait, you Tom, must have the patience of a saint. We've all been waiting for this. I look forward to following more regular build updates now y'hear?
                            It has been a very trying time. So many times I wanted to go down there and take the car from the painter. I kept telling myself to take it easy. My wife kept telling me to cool down and that everything would be OK. She's a good woman for putting up with all this insanity.

Originally posted by fish View Post
                            How do you buff a metallic paint? or is the blue just plain and the metallic in the first layer of clear?
                            RS Blue is a two stage paint, meaning that there is a metallic coat (base) and a clearcoat (top coat). Unlike Audi's pearl white, which is a three stage paint, RS blue's base coat has the pearl effect in the base coat with a clear top coat.. To answer your question, yes, the clearcoat what will be buffed

Comment

• Stupid me, i knew all that i was thinking of colour sanding. The car will be bloody great when it´s done.
                              Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Tom, did you get my PM btw...?

Equally sleepless nights at the moment due to the scale of stuff to be done to mine before June...someone mentioned its 10weeks - ouch!
                                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X