Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Salti - for a man from Georgia you sure do travel a lot for your hobby... Most o the locals up there in hill country don't even know what a passport is
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Wolfi,

Ja, Ich habe wunderbare Stück, dass der Deutsch-Technologie zurück nach Deutschland

I will get you those pictures over the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
        @Salti - for a man from Georgia you sure do travel a lot for your hobby... Most o the locals up there in hill country don't even know what a passport is
        Hehe. I'm definitely in the minority up here. Folks 'round here don't get out much.

So will I have the pleasure of meeting you at Goodwood this year?

Comment

• Actually - yes you will - I booked the flights last night for me and my 7yr old son. He doesn't know that he is going yet, so he'll be delighted with the prospect of a day lazing in the sun watching fast cars. Couldn't not go for the 100yr Audi things - hope its a good show.

I know a few others are going from here - we'll need to co-ordinate a separate thread so we can all find each other at some point - for a beer/burger/banter or whatever. There's loads of other 'new' faces I haven't met before so that'll be a bonus too - I don't get 'out' often enough - by which I mean to the mainland.
          Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• hi tom,

i don´t think that you know that this german sentence makes no sense at all.

í think you wanted to say something in that way:

You´ve got wonderful pictures of german technology and want to send those back to germany.

this would be the direct translation.

Yes, i´ve got wonderful piece, that the german technology back to germany.

I´m looking forward to seeing those. ( was that correct? )

cheers
            S2 Coupe ABY
            S2 Sedan
            S6 20V Avant
            www.audis2.de

Comment

• Well, I gave it my best college try.

I actually was trying to say......
              I gave that wonderful peice of Germany technology(Smart car) back to Germany.

I'll chat with you over the weekend and get you those pictures.

Comment

• A must before so I can take the car to the painter was to fix my wounded trolley I'm happy with the my new wheels.

The old wheels..... What the heck was I thinking. Of yeah I was trying to do it on the cheap.

New wheels. Steel with grease fittings and a 900lb per wheel rating. The birds had there way with my trolley while she was down on her luck.

Hopefully this will help restore Si's faith in me as a craftsman.

More tomorrow

Comment

• Hey Tom

Any new updates on your American RS2 project???

Cheers
                  Kind regards
                  Phillip Kjær Ballegaard
                  Audi 2,6E Cabriolet Vulcan Schwartz 1995
                  Audi Q7 3,0 TDI Phantom Schwartz 2007

Comment

• Indeed !

He's still jet lagged after Europe or busy as hell on it ?

Comment

• I've been on holiday for the last week. I took the RS2 to the paint shop before I left. They were beginning to fill in a couple of dings the day I left. I asked them to pause until I returned. I went by today in hopes of nabbing a few pics of the progress, but he closed early. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                        Hopefully this will help restore Si's faith in me as a craftsman
                        I have to admit you seriously shocked me with your first trolley effort, particularly in light of the amazing job you are doing on the RS2

My faith will only truely be restored when you post up a vid of the RS2 making its maiden voyage

Cheers n

Si
                        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

• Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
                          My faith will only truely be restored when you post up a vid of the RS2 making its maiden voyage

Cheers n

Si
                          That's going to be a while so keep the faith brutha.

Comment

• I'll be happy,

with the next set of photos of the car in the paint shop !

Kind regards.

Comment

• Those photos will make me happy and sad all at the same time... As will all the subsequent ones of lovely shiny new / refurbed running gear being bolted on. Bitter sweet

Look forward to it though - its a pretty inspirational project I must say - build it and they will come....

or more like import it (disguised as something else in disassembled form), import another container full of parts from Germany, fly back and forward to Europe as often as possible in the name of 'research' (having a great old time along the way), beadblast it, drop it off a trolley, get it painted, bolt everything back on, wire it up, insert petrol, crank it up for a blat up/down the Dahlonega hills - and then they will come
                              Paul Nugent

Comment

• 2 days have passed since the update/progress/promised pics Mr.Tom your slipping
                                S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Working...
                                X