This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers mates!

I need to win the lottery too! It would help speed up this project. For now my speed is regulated by a trickle of funds every now and then.

I creep closer and closer to painting with this suspension build. Once I have the suspension ready I'll take the car to the paint shop. After painting I can mount up the suspension/wheels and not need to worry about it for a while.

Speaking of wheels..... I bought a set of Cup 2 wheels to use during the build up. These are going to the machinist soon to have the centerbore enlarged so they will bolt up to the RS2 hubs. Anyone know what the centerbore of the factory RS2 wheel is?

The body has been under a cover for the entire winter. Unfortunately not much has changed since these pictures were made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      I got the RS2 uprights as well with the hubs going to be easier to straight swap them.
      No reason to reinvent the wheel.....errr upright. Right!

Comment

• 73.1mm centrebore

You don't need to rebore out the centre of the alloys completely. The rs2 hubs centre on the three prongs in the hub you can get away with machining the same into the alloy.

Comment

• That is completely awesome - a real monster in the making
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Tom.

Can you post up some piccies of the large bush fitted at the bottom of the 'S' arm, keen to see more details of the inner/outer metal reinforcing...bet you've fittef them all...darn.
            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

• tom: where did you get the lower door trims?!?
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Cheers Jamo

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                Can you post up some piccies of the large bush fitted at the bottom of the 'S' arm, keen to see more details of the inner/outer metal reinforcing...bet you've fittef them all...darn.
                Oh....I have more pics of the bushes that didn't make it to the forum. This thread would be a mile long if I posted everything I wanted to. I will post you some when I get home.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                  Cheers Jamo

Oh....I have more pics of the bushes that didn't make it to the forum. This thread would be a mile long if I posted everything I wanted to.
                  And?

Post away....
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                    tom: where did you get the lower door trims?!?
                    I tried two different dealers in Germany, but was told they were NLA there. I ended up finding all of them via Vagparts. This was about two years ago but there might be some left in the UK?? It's worth a try.

The middle door trim were the ones I had the worst trouble finding.

Comment

• PITA. They are the audi80 version? rs2 and s2 have different trims, but i guess they are even harder to find
                      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Yep, the RS2 middle trims are the same as the B3 audi 90 sport, which are different than the S2, B4 80, etc.

The front left door and wing trims were the ones that gave me the most trouble. Both the lower and middle door trims were insane money. I still can't believe I parted with that much money for them. I was thinking that I would just go without the middle trim if they couldn't be found. Luckily I was able to find them in the end.

Comment

I tried two different dealers in Germany, but was told they were NLA there. I ended up finding all of them via Vagparts. This was about two years ago but there might be some left in the UK?? It's worth a try.

The middle door trim were the ones I had the worst trouble finding.
                          The middle door trims are defo NLA. Pete at QC managed to get me the very last one (offside rear). I think there are lots of the lower door trims still left, both in UK and abroad.

Does anyone know of a spare 'private collection' offside front middle door trim?
                          I would be very interested in making an offer!
                          RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Yep, the RS2 middle trims are the same as the B3 audi 90 sport
                            Really? Thanks for that bit of info Had better go hunting..
                            RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

• OEM King

heheh good work Tommy... so wish we were backyard neighbors.
                              Cheers mis amigos,
                              _Anton

Comment

• Tom,

Thanks for the photos of the body.

Always a pleasure to view this thread, as is obvious for others as well on here also.

As Steve says, don't be shy about the length of this thread. It's informative/reference worthy as well as being plain fascinating.

Restricted funds maybe, but you have the jump on me with three garages, well wear !

Kind regards.
                                Last edited by macspring; 21 July 2016, 12:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X