This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE pictures please!

I love these rebuilding threads. Or in your case, just Building!

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• I have just found this thread & All i can say is WOW!

amazing dedication! it will all be worth it im sure
      B5 A4 Avant TDI SE, Awaiting mods!

Comment

• Hi Tom,

Glad to hear that the parts arrived savely to the states.

Also I really like the engine, I wish mine was that nice
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
          MORE pictures please!

I love these rebuilding threads. Or in your case, just Building!

Cheers,

Steve.
          Here's a couple more from last night. I'm very pleased with the results. I still need to take everything apart one more time, replace the gaskets, and then torque everything to spec.

My alternator is looking very shabby in this one. It will be rebuilt soon and should look the part once it has been rebuilt. This one pic shows the new factory front stub mount and recently refinished crank pulley.

DSC00232.JPG

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00233.JPG

....and a close up of the throttle body. clean mister!

DSC00231.JPG
          Last edited by saltinot; 18 November 2018, 06:51.

Comment

• I am liking your work Sir!

Very OEM and very clean.

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• aww .. nice tom! You've got a bead blaster. Can I come over? I'll bring beer?! lol. no seriously .. i've been looking for a bead blaster to beadblast my suspension bits when I start the 5 lug conversion on the CQ.

Emy
              1990 Audi Coupe Quattro | Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Audi S2 - "Don't try to hunt what you can't kill"

Comment

• cool project you have to drive up and give me a ride.

Comment

• This is one of the cleanest and most comprehensive projects I've seen this side of the pond in a LONG time. Well done!
                  Joe "NoNonsense"
                  axis motorsport
                  joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

• Originally posted by andy112 View Post
                    cool project you have to drive up and give me a ride.
                    Cheers, I probably will be trailering her to the S-fest in a few years. There are way too many pot holes between Georgia and Connecticut to drive. Do you attend this?

If you come I'll take you for a spin.

Originally posted by NoNonsense View Post
                    This is one of the cleanest and most comprehensive projects I've seen this side of the pond in a LONG time. Well done!
                    Paesano,thanks for the compliments. It is a long road to do it the right way.........unfortunately.

I have a new son coming this week so I've had to postpone the paint for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• congrats mate

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post

Paesano,thanks for the compliments. It is a long road to do it the right way.........unfortunately.

I have a new son coming this week so I've had to postpone the paint for a couple of weeks.
                        I've been down the 'long road' several times. You make it look easy! Congrats on your next addition to the household!!
                        Joe "NoNonsense"
                        axis motorsport
                        joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

• Mighty impressive engine Tommy Boy... Doing it the right way as always.

Congrats on the little guy! Could you send me your address through email again. I'd like to send out lil Jopseph's present tomorrow. Making a stop at the mail office tomorrow.

Keep up the progress.
                          Cheers mis amigos,
                          _Anton

Comment

• Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                            Mighty impressive engine Tommy Boy... Doing it the right way as always.
                            I'm doing my best!

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                            Congrats on the little guy! Could you send me your address through email again. I'd like to send out lil Joseph's present tomorrow. Making a stop at the mail office tomorrow.

Keep up the progress.
                            Thanks Anton! Both Joseph and mama are doing well. 3.5kg and 53.5cm long! He is already 2.5 weeks old. A picked up a Recaro Signo child seat last week in the "Midnight Desert" colour scheme and placed it in my S4. Would that be considered a mod??

It is officially Spring here in the deep south and time to finish the clean up of the RS2 body shell so I can take her to the paint shop. My pressure washer attached to the hot water tap in the garage, degreaser, and elbow grease made work of the dirt and Cosmolene. After the area was hand dried it was wiped down with a de-waxer/adhesive remover. Once I've fully sanitized the body I'll be off to the paint shop finally!

A few pictures of the under the wing cleaning. First a couple of BEFORE shots.....
                            I lifted the front and removed the wheels. I'll be glad when I can put the original suspension back on the car. I'm growing tired of looking at the temporary suspension from my 90 v6 parts car. I bought the donor car from New York and it is RUSTY! However, it has been nice to roll the car around on while I refinish the RS2 suspension parts.

DSC00342.JPG

DSC00344.JPG

DSC00345.JPG
                            ....and the AFTER shots. Cleaning up nicely!

DSC00347.JPG

Note the rusty donor suspension. This doesn't happen to cars in the south. It gives me a the willies!

DSC00350.JPG
                            Sorry about the somewhat boring content recently. Hopefully I'll have paint pics soon!
                            Last edited by saltinot; 18 November 2018, 07:03.

Comment

• sweet jesus. awesome project. keep it up. i need to frequent this forum more often =)

Comment

• ive been following this for a while now, and this is one nice project.

Comment

Working...
                                X