Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the black discs are for locking the rear seats. look at the boot side panels, see the round hole?
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
      the black discs are for locking the rear seats. look at the boot side panels, see the round hole?
      Cheers, That makes sense and I assume the bolts are the strikers for the rear seats?

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
        Cheers, That makes sense and I assume the bolts are the strikers for the rear seats?
        Hi Tom yes the bolts go through the disk's and bolt into bulkhead of car for rear seat striker's as you say.
        Great project by the way, take's someone with real gut's & determination to attempt what your doing.
        would be difficult enough in the UK let alone in US where there are no RS2.
        Huge big to you Tom.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s20ale View Post
          Great project by the way, take's someone with real gut's & determination to attempt what your doing.
          would be difficult enough in the UK let alone in US where there are no RS2.
          Huge big to you Tom.
          Thanks! I'm glad you guys are here to help me sort out the details!

Comment

sweet project!! cant wait to see it finished!
            Current ride:95 S6A *under the knife*

Comment

still working towards paint

I removed the Audi rings from the doors today. Using a spray on decal remover made the job a little easier. The remover separated the film from adhesive, which was left on the car. I then used a stripe-off wheel to remove the adhesive. The stripe-off wheel also aided in the removal of the adhesive tape that remained after removing the door trim.

Before....

DSC03106.jpg

a little spray remover

DSC03108.jpg

about 4 minutes of wait and.....

DSC03109.jpg
              .....the decal literally fell off the door

DSC03110.jpg
              Last edited by saltinot; 26 October 2018, 22:34.

Comment

How did you get the rubbing strips off? Brut force and er... more brut force. Dont want to damage my paintwork too much or dent the doors.
                Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                  How did you get the rubbing strips off? Brut force and er... more brut force. Dont want to damage my paintwork too much or dent the doors.
                  I put the car in the hot sun to heat the trim a little and then just grabbed and pulled. It didn't take too much force. I wouldn't try it now when it's so cold outside. -11C today!

It's so cold this morning.......I think my Bilsteins were frozen stiff. My urS4 rode like a covered wagon all the way to work. At speed it made quite a challenge of sipping hot coffee.

Comment

What was the name of the stuff you used to spray/remove the decalls looks like good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                      What was the name of the stuff you used to spray/remove the decalls looks like good stuff.
                      The remover is from a national auto parts chain called NAPA. It's just called NAPA decal and paint remover and cost around 16USD per can. I know 3M sell something very similar. You might find that in the UK.

I test sprayed a spot on a painted fender to see if it would remove the finish from the car. It did not. However, it did make quick work of the sticker, which was an original urquattro piece.

Comment

You can buy a "Sticky Stuff" remover at Halfrauds that is based on orange zest and does a fantstic job on err, Sticky stuff!

Its sold in a small yellow aerosol....

HTH

Cheers,

Steve
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Continuing to move ever so slowly forward.....

While searching for middle door trim and waiting for my RS2 headlight trim I decided to focus my attention on getting the RS2 Cup mirror wiring set up.

I had a good day at the breaker(junk yard) this weekend. I was able to source some Cup mirror connectors that I'll use to build my adapter harnesses. These are from a 993, but the connectors can also be found on 968 and late 964.

I plan on snipping the current connectors coming from the factory 90q mirrors and connect the 993 wiring to them. Doing it this way I will not need to cut the harness in the door.

Has anyone verified that this wiring information that I found in an old post is correct?

RS2 mirror <-> wiring loom door <-> S2 mirror remark
                          brown..............white .......................brown..................mirr or heating
                          brown..............brown.......................bla ck....................mirror heating
                          black...............yellow/black..............red
                          blue.................red/yellow................white/brown..........blue and red
                          red..................red/yellow.................white/brown..........together
                          white...............white.......................gr een

DSC03116.jpg

....and a closeup

DSC03118.jpg
                          Last edited by saltinot; 26 October 2018, 22:38.

Comment

Perhaps I missed it in hte thread

How do you get a car that was never imported (like the RS2) in the USA titled and licensed?
                            I know there are exceptions such as importing cars that are partially disassembled, like your shell, and using the parts on cars that have DOT certifications, but is there an way around the DOT restrictions?

Jack
                            Portand, Oregon

Comment

where are you getting your headlight trims from? are there any left?

cheers adam
                              cheeRS adam

RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by adamw View Post
                                where are you getting your headlight trims from? are there any left?

cheers adam
                                Adam,
                                The trims are coming from a gentleman in Switzerland. He had just received a RS2 for breaking and I just happened to be there at the right time. I told him I wanted them and he pulled them after I had gone. Now my box with lots of much needed small parts is coming this week.

I think if you ask nicely you can be put on a waiting list.

Comment

Working...
                                X