Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tom can i please please please be first in line for your rs2 headlight trims?!
    but if you have a spare r/h trim i would settle for that
    cheeRS adam

RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by adamw View Post
      tom can i please please please be first in line for your rs2 headlight trims?!
      but if you have a spare r/h trim i would settle for that
      I would love to oblige, but I must keep them for myself. For the sake of authenicity you see.

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
        I would love to oblige, but I must keep them for myself. For the sake of authenicity you see.
        cheeRS adam

RS2+

Comment

any pics of what the area that had the sticker looks like after? Can you see that there was a sticker there?

Comment

any more pics of this epic project keep up the good work
            ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andy112 View Post
              any pics of what the area that had the sticker looks like after? Can you see that there was a sticker there?
              I have some pics, but they dont' tell the story. I can tell you that there was a small "image" of the sticker left on the paint, which is expected. The urq rings cover such a large area so it's easy to see the image that's left on the paint. A smaller sticker you probably wouldn't even notice. I just wanted the sticker removed in preparation for new paint.

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck View Post
                any more pics of this epic project keep up the good work
                ...it is sure to be a continuing saga!

I do have a few updates to share. I'll post some new pics soon.

Comment

RS2 & S2 Headlight trim comparo

I received my original headlight trims last week and wanted to share some pictures detailing the differences between them and the standard S2/90/80 (8A0 853 208 A) trim.

At first glace they don't seem that different, but after looking closer I found a few. The RS2 trims. as we already know, have a slighty sloping front that matches perfectly to the raised area underneath the trim on the RS2 bumper. The other difference that is hard to see with them in your hand is the different arch that the trims take between the two mounting points. The arch of the RS2 trim follows bumper contour perfectly. The standard part does not. It is difficult to check this on my loosely assembled front end, so maybe someone can confirm it.

From this vantage point it is easy to see the slope of the RS2 trim(top)

DSC03139.JPG

Another showing the slope

DSC03133.JPG

from the top

DSC03134.JPG

Here's a couple pics that shows the difference in the arch.

DSC03137.JPG

DSC03138.JPG
                  Last edited by saltinot; 18 November 2018, 06:05.

Comment

Hey Tom,

I just joined on here not to long ago and saw this thread. Glad to see you're keeping your hands dirty. I'm on the planning stages of swapping in an AAN into my Coupe Q. Just waiting for my tax return before I really dig into it. First things first though .. suspension and brakes. Would love to run up there and check out the RS2 first hand sometime.

Emy
                    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro | Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Audi S2 - "Don't try to hunt what you can't kill"

Comment

Hey Emy,
                      Good to hear from you. I am definitely keeping dirty these days. The progress on the RS2 is slow, but steady. With the headlight trim I get slightly closer. I am still in need of three door trims, as you can see in my signature. Once I have these I'm off to the paint shop. After that the real fun starts. I have so many things sitting in boxes waiting to be hung on the chassis as soon as it's painted. ho hum.

Give me a call or an email soon and let me know when you want to come up.

Comment

to sheer awesomeness
                        are you keepin her red?

also, what are you doing with hubs? do rs2 hubs fit with the propper sized bearing in the coupe/ s2 hub carriers?

Comment

not to jump the gun on Saltino's project here but IIRC he's going to be painting it nogaro blue.

don't know what porsche did to make the 5x130 hub work on a b4 body RS2. sorry.

Emy
                          1990 Audi Coupe Quattro | Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Audi S2 - "Don't try to hunt what you can't kill"

Comment

I've missed this one so far somehow... QUite a project we all agree... Certainly from man with a lot of Audis in the house too. Respect to that. Happy to help with anything here where I can - especially with electrical aspects if required.

I have one BIG question though (I used to live in Jawjah BTW) - how do you plan to get this car registered and taxed ?

Luckily the VIN characters of '8C' are shared with B4 Avant and Saloon which might help you sneakily list the car as just an Audi 80. Maybe you know some tricks round the stateside red tape, but the fact that a B4 has never been type approved, crash tested or all the other federal crap is a worry. Have you sorted all that out ?

Paul
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by s2 on the way View Post
                              to sheer awesomeness
                              are you keepin her red?

also, what are you doing with hubs? do rs2 hubs fit with the propper sized bearing in the coupe/ s2 hub carriers?
                              Hello, I will be changing the color to RS Blue (Z5M). I spoke with my painter yesterday so hopefully I'll have my RS blue RS2 soon.

I have all the original suspension parts for the RS2 so it is a bolt on for me.

I do know that the RS2 hubs will press into the coupe bearing carrier. You would have to change your brakes though. I'm sure you wouldn't mind that.

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                I've missed this one so far somehow... QUite a project we all agree... Certainly from man with a lot of Audis in the house too. Respect to that. Happy to help with anything here where I can - especially with electrical aspects if required.
                                Thanks Paul. It is a big undertaking and it already has been a big undertaking so far. I hoping to have the car painted and returned to me within a month. Once that is finished I will start placing the wiring back in its place and will surely need some help with a few connections

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                I have one BIG question though (I used to live in Jawjah BTW) - how do you plan to get this car registered and taxed ?

Luckily the VIN characters of '8C' are shared with B4 Avant and Saloon which might help you sneakily list the car as just an Audi 80. Maybe you know some tricks round the stateside red tape, but the fact that a B4 has never been type approved, crash tested or all the other federal crap is a worry. Have you sorted all that out ?

Paul
                                I had to read Jawjah a couple of times before I realized what you were trying to say. I guess us native Georgians probably sound pretty funny to outsiders. I catch hell from people who aren't used to my Rome (Rome, GA not Italy ) dialect. It's slightly different than your regular GA accent.

The registration can be accomplished several different ways. The car can be driven with a dealer plate, registered as a kit car, etc. It does help to know people in the tax office too! I'm going to attempt registration via the correct channels. I that fails then I'll probably just get a dealer plate for it. This is a pain also, but it is my ace in the hole.

In all honesty GA isn't very strict when it comes to situations like this. This is the south right! We are easy going type folks down here. I don't try this in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Working...
                                X