• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin good brotha...
    Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

Comment

• After a little trial and error with painting them myself and then having it all go to pot when I tried compressing the springs I decided to take them to the metal coating place just up the road from work. I've had them do some front axles for my 90q and was very happy with the end result.

A before of the front springs. I took a few detailed pics of the paint marks so I will have a reference from which to reproduce them with.

Back from the powder coater. It is "pollen season" here in GA and if you look closely you can see small grains of pollen on the spring. It isn't in the epoxy thank goodness!

I'm mounting them tomorrow!

Side note to all this. I've been having trouble starting my 90q turbo for the last few weeks and I've been pulling my hair out trying to find the problem. I've even had to get out the wiring diagram and all my notes on CIS for this one. Well tonight I found my problem. A chunk of metal had decided to magnetically attach itself to my engine speed sensor. I'm sure it came from the throw out bearing that decided to catastrophically fail during a track event over two years ago. Somehow it eluded me when I cleaned up the inner bellhousing. After removing this she started no problem. Glad for that!

Comment

• Tom.

Cant see no 'lipstick splodges' on them springs yet...

Be good to see how well the powder coat holds up on the springs...had any good/bad experience with powder on ferrous metals?
        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

• I've power coated springs ask Slow2 if they are still any good after 4 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
            Cant see no 'lipstick splodges' on them springs yet...
            Not yet! My plans are to paint them on after they are mounted to avoid marring the paint marks with the spring compressor.

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
            Be good to see how well the powder coat holds up on the springs...had any good/bad experience with powder on ferrous metals?
            It should be fine as all H&R springs are powder coated and I've had no problems with the H&Rs on my S4. I figure H&R probably knows a little bit about springs.

Comment

• A few pictures of my struts assembled. I'll be adding the proper paint marks to the springs once everything is mounted on the car. Freshly powder coated OE RS2 springs, Bilstein Sprints, and refinished strut housing sure do look nice. I'm glad to see small parts coming together into larger assemblies finally after all these years of collecting them from different places.

The front assemblies.

Rears

I'm still waiting on the machine shop to finish opening up the centerbore on my Cup2s. Once I have them I will have everything to put the car back on its RS2 suspension.

I've got to scrub the rear inner arches down, which will finish the pre-paint cleaning and then off to the paintshop.........FINALLY! I'm ready to see NOGGY!

Comment

• Looking good, looking good mr

Comment

• Tom - all those struts are disgustingly clean... I feel ill. Really nice to see such time & detail applied... So hey - its 'RS Blue' - Noggy bad...
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• lol Paul. I know, it is just no fun saying RS blauey.

Comment

• Lovely work, I can't wait to see this all put together.

Are you going to drive it, or put it in a glass cube and look at it? (Compliment)
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                        Lovely work, I can't wait to see this all put together.
                        That makes two of us. I've got 5 years worth of cool RS2 parts in boxes that I am dying to see brought together.

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                        Are you going to drive it, or put it in a glass cube and look at it? (Compliment)
                        The plan is to drive her on sunny Sundays mostly and trailer her to auto shows. I will also track the car a few times early on as I want to feel the dynamics of the RS2 after hearing so much about how the car behaves at speed. I've driven a couple of RS2s on the street, but I never really got a sense of what the car was capable of. After that she goes in a glass box and I'll charge admission for a peek.

Comment

• Cool.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Congrats ! Just awesome job man !!

i dream of making such a project when i retired ! lol
                            S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

• Tom: Hope you don't mind but I have borrowed (Stolen) your engine speed sensor photo and developed a post on AudiWorld (linked to quattroworld) regarding checking the G28 for shrapnel during a no-start diagnostic. I am sure it will help somebody:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=23763331
                              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Wow ... how much longer until its all done?
                                Pete
                                Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
                                AAN swap in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X