Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What make of piping did you use for the fuel lines?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laaf View Post
      What make of piping did you use for the fuel lines?
      I used AGS PAC-525 Fuel Line. 5/16 inch x 25 foot roll.

5/16 inch = 7.9375mm so it works fine. The only trick is to remove the coating at the point the flaring tool attaches. A little Acetone on a piece of Scotchbrite works a treat. If you do not remove the coating then the tool will slip when attempting to flare the end. Do not ask me how I know this.

https://www.agscompany.com/products/poly-armour-pvf-steel-brake-fuel-transmission-line-tubing-coil?variant=42942604902613

AGS PAC-525 fuel line.jpg
      Last edited by saltinot; 23 January 2023, 21:22.

Comment

• I have run out of 30 (battery +) connections on the bottom of the fuse box. I seem to have 2 too many? Do some of them connect at another point other than the 8 large spade connections that are clustered together?

I have been unable to upload pictures for a week now so I cannot share pics.. I keep getting "Forbidden, you do not have access to this resource" Does anyone have the same problem or know how to fix this?

Comment

• Making headway with some of the electrics and she's showing signs of life for the first time. I'm thrilled to say the least.

20230205_175639_sm.jpg

20230205_175739_sm.jpg
          Last edited by saltinot; 16 February 2023, 18:03.

Comment

• Exciting!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• It's been a long time coming for you Tom. Hope to hear it purring soon! I know I was grinning ear to ear last weekend after getting mine started for the first time in 3 years.
              2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
              1991 Audi CQ - Project
              1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• What happened to the pictures....!?

Comment

• Hey sergio , there was an update done the to the forum a few years ago now that caused the pictures to disappear. The thread has been a bit of a mess since that time.
                  I have returned to some of the older posts and put the pictures back there, but not all. It is tedious work. I have kept all the pictures so if you need a specific picture I can send it to you.

Comment

• I have read the entire thread a long time ago and now i wanted to see the insulation (sound deadning) that you placed. I am building an audi 80 with the looks of the rs2. I have swaped the original engine (90hp) for another with 130 hp and also placed a quattro system.

Comment

• I thought that one day I would run across a pair of used RS2 mirror harnesses. Just in case that day didn't come, I collected a couple of standard 80 mirror harnesses and pilfered some of the Porsche wiring/connectors from a local dismantler years ago. I really did not want to build them If I could buy them. They are available new from Tradition, but the price is no longer reasonable (~180eur/side).

After seeing the cost of them new I decided to sit down over the weekend and hash it out. I had the factory wiring diagram. I had some old documentation found on the forum, that is not the best and did not explain all that I needed to know. I had a few photos of the mirror harnesses from the web that I grabbed over the years also. None of the pics were super clear, but all of them combined should be enough to put something together. As usual, I documented things as I went. See below
                      RS2 mirror plug Porsche sourced plug Audi 80 door loom Notes
                      White white/red (pin1) green (pin 1)
                      Brown green/grey (pin 2) brown (pin 5)
                      Blue blue/red (pin 3) red (pin 2) The two red/yellow wires from pin 3 and pin 5 on the mirror plug combine in the door harness to form a single red wire.
                      Brown brown (pin 4) white (pin 4)
                      Red blue/red (pin 5) red (pin 2) The two red/yellow wires from pin 3 and pin 5 on the mirror plug combine in the door harness to form a single red wire.
                      Black black/red (pin 6) yellow/black (pin 3)

My first thought was to re-pin the round Porsche connector. So not to make this harder than it should be, which I am normally famous for, I chose to use the existing pins and the pigtail of wires that were there already. I sourced these from a few Porsches and they were all the same. 993/968/964

The part number for the round Porsche connector is 964 612 616 01.

6f75c41bf9c70781c27879bf0c726be6.jpg
                      The goins on

Image00001.jpg

This is your pin numbers on the connector. Pin 1 is the top wire (white/red). Pin 6 is the middle, which is a little hard to see.

Image00012.jpg
                      The Porsche plug attached to its partner from the mirror.

Image00013.jpg

A pic of the wiring soldered and heat shrinked. Note the two blue/red wires merge into the single red wire from the standard 80 harness.

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

The finished product wrapped in friction tape as per the factory.

Image00004.jpg

In the car. Pin numbers also visible here.

Image00005.jpg

The wiring diagram in case anyone needed it.

RS2_mirror_wiring diagram.jpg
                      Last edited by saltinot; 1 June 2023, 16:36.

Comment

• any part numbers for the conectors?

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                          any part numbers for the connectors?
                          Ah! Good idea. Edited the above post to include the part number and a close up photo of the part.

Comment

Working...
                          X