SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post

Are you just using front S2 hubs in the rear then with the 82mm bearing? Or which hubs did you end up using?

Comment

• Front hubs are standard S2. Rear hubs have been bored for 82mm front bearings and use a front flange which takes the large spline shafts like the fronts.

Comment

Front hubs are standard S2. Rear hubs have been bored for 82mm front bearings and use a front flange which takes the large spline shafts like the fronts.
        awesome!
        BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
        DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• what kind of gearbox is it mate? good job with everything¡
          RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
          BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
          LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Audi S4 01E with the wide first gear, flexible mainshaft and oil cooler.

Comment

• Managed to get a little work done on the car this weekend. I looked at various pulleys to drive the alternator off the prop and found an alloy saxo underdrive one that looked to be about right. I had thought about boring it and pushing it on over the nose of the diff but it wasn't quite large enough for that. So I decided to machine it and put it on the front of the diff which would also act as a spacer for the prop seeing as the new gearbox is a little shorter than the old one.

So I machined up 2 discs of alloy and pushed them into the pulley so it was back to a flush face either side. Then machined the one side with a 4mm nose to sit into the input flange of the diff.

The other side got machined to take the 100mm cv joint of the propshaft.

Then I machined the centre to take the plunge of the cv joint and drilled the holes.

So with that done I dropped the subframe off the car and set about mounting up the alternator. I welded a couple of bits to the diff mount which stiffen it up and also hang the alternator off. I welded them on wide so the alternator needs shimming so it can be lined up perfectly. Did a bit of trimming to the subframe to get more swing on the alternator. Just need a belt and a rose jointed link to tension it now and its done.

Should be back down on its wheels pretty soon then a big clean up for Ultimate dubs!

Comment

Audi S4 01E with the wide first gear, flexible mainshaft and oil cooler.
                looks very good¡

Audi S4 DSY box? if yes,AFAIK are oil cooled and wide first but not flexible

read here

http://12v.org/urs/charlie_smith/01E/ind2.html

DSY from S4 end with 105 J?

then mean only wide first , just like the lates UrS4 5 speeds boxes CET but these ones does not have oil cooler

Comment

• Yeah its a DSY. I thought they had all the good bits? As long as it will pull 2nd quickly thats a big step over the 016 box.

Comment

Yeah its a DSY. I thought they had all the good bits? As long as it will pull 2nd quickly thats a big step over the 016 box.
                    yeah, and oil cooling must be very good for a race car...

it seems that the only ones 01E boxes with wide first and flexible shaft are all CRB from RS2´s ,lates CGR´s from ABY engines and Diesel boxes like DPJ/DQT.

Comment

• Epic amount of work has gone into this. Enjoying the thread
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• A nice little write up on the car from Ultimate dubs with Dave Rowe's S1 and James's S2.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/03/...ultimate-dubs/

Comment

• Nice work Hamish, good to see you and James gettings some good press for all the hard work you've put in
                          91 Modded 3B
                          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Yeah top job on all of them lads...
                            Audi Nut!!!

Comment

• Any chance organising something to see all three cars out on track together at ADI? I'm sure that would gather lots of interest
                              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                                Any chance organising something to see all three cars out on track together at ADI? I'm sure that would gather lots of interest
                                I am sure it will happen at some time but it might just be by chance in the end.

I finally sorted out some pictures of the work before the show. It was a mad rush to get the car ready for the show, I just managed it with a few late nighters.

Got the alternator finished off and mounted under the car.

Whilst I was under there I connected up the rear diff lock.

Mounted the oil cooler for the gearbox, tucked up nicely out of the way.

Finally I had to do a little machining to the brake bells and brackets to get them to fit with the S2 running gear as its different to the quattro stuff:

Managed to get a pair of 3" dishes for the E50's so on the look out for another pair and then I will get them split down and built up.

A few pictures from the show. As you can see the S2 running gear has narrowed the track which will make it easier to fit the new E50's with wider dishes.

Doing a few final jobs to the car to get it ready for a run out next weekend to do a little testing which should be fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X