SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B pillar

What did he take the b pillar from? 4 door also?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtend View Post
      What did he take the b pillar from? 4 door also?
      I presume you're still asking about the door?

If so you can see from the second picture that he split the top of the frame and brazed in an extra piece to extend it to the correct length to match the longer coupe door:
      1984 Pearlwhite ur quattro (3B 20v power - 034EFI/RS2 modded)

Comment

I know the boot floor in a M3 CSL in made of card but don't think it would be a good idea in a shorty
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

swb

that seems a really hard way to do it ,it must be better to nip to germany and buy two door ,you can pick them up for 300 euros

Comment

B pillar

No i mean the pillar in the body. Not in the door. The B pillar on the Sportquattro and the 80 2 door sedan is much steeper than the one on the Coupe. But the pillar from a 4 door isn´t the same is it?

Comment

no it's only the A pillar that was changed. The B pillar remains the same. See the photos I posted on the previous page.

Comment

Seems like a total waste of time to me then! All that extra work and its still not correct, should have just left it steep screen.

I wont be changing the screen angle on this one i will leave it as it is, its going to be a competition car so i am not so bothered. I may make a second swb in the future with the proper screen.

Comment

swb

the rally short quattros used the front half of 80 two door not just windscreen pillers ,now thats a real job to do

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                    the rally short quattros used the front half of 80 two door not just windscreen pillers ,now thats a real job to do
                    That would explain the weld at the base of the B pillar in this pic then

EDIT:
                    found this on Jeffers thread:

Comment

Well the cardbord templates have turned into metal, and it now has a metal floor again!

Hopefully my Kevlar Cobra suzuka seats will turn up this week and i can get those mounted in, then the seams inside the car all need stitch welded, and after that its onto the cage!

Comment

Swb

You Are Showing Pictures Of You Doing A Conversion Yourself ,what Happened To The One On Your Ebay Website You Say Is Being Built For You In Germany ?

Comment

my ebay website?????

Comment

Who did you get your seats from?

I orderd some carbon kevlar corbrou pro series from sportseats4u, but there is a back order, they should be here on the 18th.

But they are a lot cheaper than the likes of demon tweeks and merlin.
                            The ONLY S2 Golf!
                            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                            10.42@138mph
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

I got them through the GPR catalouge, which was sent to me as i am an MSA member having a race licence. They were real easy to deal with, they just have to arrive now!

Comment

Well done a good bit more doesn't look much from the pics but its finishing off the shell after it was cut to make it look like it wasn't thats taking the time!

so from this:

to this:

The inner skin has been welded up to put more strength back into the roof. Also the very inside piece of the roof rails have been silced and re-welded to make them line up. Its like paper the metal so a bit of a bitch to weld but its done in a fashion. I am going to slice a piece off the roof section which was cut out to patch over the hole thats left and then that the roof finished!

The floor is not far off being finsihed bar welding some pieces into the chasis rails so they look all part of the same section. I have also removed the firewall. I needed it out for the cage to go in, also the fact it was full of holes made it not the best firewall in the world! New one will be made up to go back in once the cage is finished.

Welded the sections under the windows

Done a bit of grinding in the engine bay, all brackets have come out, just need to finish taking the seam sealer off so i can stitch weld it.

Oh and the seats have arrived, Kevlar Cobra Suzuka beauties!

So thats it for now, cage to come next, 30 meters of tubing on its way inside it!

Comment

Working...
                                X