SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck with it Hamish.
    I too have a Rallye and a 20vt UR quattro conversion.. ongoing, so its good to see someone else who likes thing to be fun.
    keep that progress coming

Comment

Originally posted by The Chef View Post
      Good Luck with it Hamish.
      I too have a Rallye and a 20vt UR quattro conversion.. ongoing, so its good to see someone else who likes thing to be fun.
      keep that progress coming
      you have good taste chef

Comment

You got anymore pics or updates yet Hamish Do you think you'll have it at Edition38 this year?
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

No chance for Edition this year mate, should be done for Edition 09 though!]

The car is now shortened and more or less welded back together:

Comment

Comment

you're getting there slowly

Comment

At the speed you had the Rallye done, i'd a thought that you might have had this at Edition 38 this year
                Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

This is a totally different animal to the Golf though! It will get done. I just want it perfect so i will take my time. As long as the shell is away for paint for november time thats fine!

Comment

swb conversion

will you be doing the windscreen angle ? custom cages have the details for proper short quattro cage

Comment

Paint it black,
                      Since most people paint their SWB quattros Tornado Red.
                      Id like too see one in black, like the one Walter got from Audi(Its a special only 2 where painted black, one is crashed and god knows where the another one is).

But ofcourse Its your car and you paint it the way you want it, and getting the body smooth is a another problem.
                      I Own a Type 85 Coupe Quattro, but its currently in the garage getting teard apart.

Comment

The other black one is at david suttons iirc

Comment

Cars going to be with the coupe screen angle, and will be painted white.

As for the cage, the one custom cages do is not as extensive as i would have liked and is a bolt in job so i am going for a different option.

Comment

its copied from genuine s1 e2 ,id of thought if your doing a replica try to be as near to original as poss ,but thats only my opinion

Comment

It is a nightmare for Carbon Kevlar/Composite panels to get flat enough to justify black. (Bodyshops can do it, but it's a huge undertaking). Even the original SWB quattros had 'carbon-weave' visible in the paint reflection.
                              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                                its copied from genuine s1 e2 ,id of thought if your doing a replica try to be as near to original as poss ,but thats only my opinion
                                I would rather have a more upto date cage design like in the white mk2 golf pinned at the top of the cage than have something that looks like the original. No matter how original you make one look its still a replica imo. Its going to be a car for sprints, hillclimbs and track days so will be along the lines of Keith Edwards one.

Comment

Working...
                                X