Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
    along the lines of Keith Edwards one.
    That's the former Dialynx car (was silver) that held various sprint records. I understand he had it fully rebuilt by Keith @ Dialynx when he bought it. I think it has quite a few original SQ parts.

PS Good luck with your project. The reason for the upright screen was to reduce glare so it's something you might consider. You should try to sit in/drive a car with and without the more upright screen to see if it makes any difference to you?
    1984 Pearlwhite ur quattro (3B 20v power - 034EFI/RS2 modded)

Comment

The Keith Edwards SWB is the red one with the raked back screen angle.

As for the screen, does that mean that all the long wheel base quattros are aweful to drive because of the angle? If i could get my hands on an Audi 80 2 door i would convert it, but i cant find any cars except for in Europe and i dont want to have to go there to get one realy.

Comment

the angle screen is more aero dynamic than the upright one

Comment

The Keith Edwards SWB is the red one with the raked back screen angle.

As for the screen, does that mean that all the long wheel base quattros are aweful to drive because of the angle? If i could get my hands on an Audi 80 2 door i would convert it, but i cant find any cars except for in Europe and i dont want to have to go there to get one realy.
          I never found glare a big problem tbh... the angle suits the long wheelbase and as mentioned is aerodynamic...
          I do have the windscreen surround from a 4dr 80 and windscreen available if you wish to do the rake, i cut the windscreen surround out of the donor car and it is basically the whole roof as well cut off a few inches down the B pillar and c pillar and the whole windscreen surround. The surround is fairly clean but one corner has a small rust hole.
          Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
          1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

Great work Hamish!
            PLEASE o PLEASE change the screen angle!
            Yes driving a UR you carn't see ****** all when the sun gets you! I have covered my dash in black alkantera, makes it better.
            Go get an Audi 80 coupe from Germany. 300 euros buys you one, gets you the correct doors to match the screen.
            The value difference between when finished is deffo worth it!
            Rob..
            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
            87 UR 20v ABY
            97 S6 Avant
            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

The Keith Edwards SWB is the red one with the raked back screen angle..
              Sorry I was thinking of Mick Harriman's car.

You only need the coupe doors and as puglife has said the screen and rake of the 4 door is the same. I think Aelred has Carbon doors that suit the more steeply raked windscreen?

FYI

http://nasonline.xs4all.nl/audi/medi...isportqb2.html
              http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...buechereng.htm
              http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/h...t_Quattro.html
              http://homepage.virgin.net/shalco.com/quattro_s1.htm

Comment

correct niall, aelred sells the doors at £550/each in kevlar iirc?
                there is adolfsson motors who do GRP sport doors but i haven't recieved a price off them yet...
                Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
                1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

Well spent another bit of time on it again today. Cut a piece of 2mm steel to weld the chasis rails together. Got that done and then cut the seat stops off the floor supports. More pics to come tomorrow, should have some of the floor made back up!

Comment

Super!!!

Comment

Got some more stuff done today, not as much as i would like as i feel ***** but never mind!

The floor was cut back by about 70mm to get rid of the rusty seam on the floor. Then cut and welded a plate to tie the transmission tunnel back together. This then lead into making some card templates to see how the floor is going to go back together. Should have the metal cut and folded this week.

I also cut out the inner skin of the roof to revel the second skin on the inside of the roof so it can be welded from inside to impart more strength.

Comment

Top thread and project this, really enjoying it. Great work
                        Mark - Modded

Comment

swb

I Dont Think The Doors From A 4 Door 80 Are The Same As The 2 Door That Gets Used On Conversion I Think They Are Narrower

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                            I Dont Think The Doors From A 4 Door 80 Are The Same As The 2 Door That Gets Used On Conversion I Think They Are Narrower
                            Correct but the front part of the frame can be mated to a coupe door to match the windscreen rake.

Comment

Swb

What By Joining Between A Piller And B Piller /

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                                What By Joining Between A Piller And B Piller /
                                See the pic's below which were from an unfinished project that was on eBay a few years ago but withdrawn and subsequently completed by the original seller:

@G60Rally
                                Sorry for hijacking your thread but it's all info that should help?

Comment

Working...
                                X