No announcement yet.

SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking sweet, was the car above in the building or is the ramp something to do with it?

Comment

• The car was built upstairs yes. The ramp is how you get them up there.

As for them taking a lot of time, in my opinion the physical shortening is the easy bit, the real hard, and time consuming work comes afterwards!

Comment

• I went down to have a look at the shell today. Its still not totally finished, but its looking superb!

Comment

• nice!
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

• loving the size of the bars for the roll cage

Comment

• Bars are 2" OD with a 2mm wall thickness, minimum specs for the MSA. Unless you went with 2.5mm wall thickness and you could drop down to 45mm OD but its heavier than the 2".

Its been blasted and primed! It was blasted with aerospace plastic if any of you are interested.

Some pics they sent me!

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing this as it goes back together
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Hay fella tracked down my favourite build project, u can run but u cant hide

Comment

• Brilliant So far Keep up the Good Work.(Loft Conversion?)

Well I HAVE JUST SPENT AN HOUR READING START TO DATE.
                    We spoke at Ultimate Dubs, I had my Dialynx There.

Brilliant job so far, Really Strong build work. Look forward to watching the build up.

Best Regards

Steve W

Comment

• Hi newhere.very impresive build.I am on the look out for one of these to restore and do the short wheel conversion on.keep up the good work

Comment

• Originally posted by sportquattro_0 View Post
                        Well I HAVE JUST SPENT AN HOUR READING START TO DATE.
                        We spoke at Ultimate Dubs, I had my Dialynx There.

Brilliant job so far, Really Strong build work. Look forward to watching the build up.

Best Regards

Steve W
                        Hi Steve, nice to see you on here! I seem to remember I spent a lot of time talking to you and looking at the car! Now you can see why!

I had a few bits shot blasted this week ready for powder coating next week. I then stitch welded the wishbones today. Could have welded better but I stuggled to get the seam clean enough.

I recieved some alloy subframe bushes, so the subframe will be solidly mounted to the shell. Also got a full set of poly bushes so I will be able to build the subframes back up once powder coated.

The cylinder head and dry sump are well underway, hopefully they should be done in the next couple of months. Not much to report on the painting front, there has been some filler work done. He is finishing off a few other cars then is going to get into mine properly. He thinks about April time for it being done.

Comment

• Can you tell us more about your drysump setup?
                          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                          High Octane website

Comment

• Its the one that Aelred posted up pictures of a while back. Made by Pace:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...light=dry+sump

The cylinder head has had the exhaust ports welded to give a better port shape. Obviously porting work done to both the inlet and exhaust ports. It has been converted onto solid lifters with a kit from Cat cams, also got the cams as a kit from them. The inlet valves are black nitride stainless, and exhausts are inconel, both standard size. There is also work being done for better cooling. Hoping for some very good spool up, huge power and lots of revs!

Comment

• Any pictures of your exhaust ports?
                              Chef

Comment

• There might be some soon

Comment

Working...
                                X