• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
    WOW That look amazing great work again
    i agree

p.s i have only one question
    how do you plan to get the car out of the "garage" ?
    i dont see any doors that are big enough
    S2 limo

Comment

• Bl0Ody hell, if you think that's 'miles out' you should see a 'genuine' Audi Ur Quattro replacement front wing panel, it's 60 man hours worse than that....

That's superb, and superb work...
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• The car is stuck in there! I dont know how i will get it out! Look at the early pages of the thread

I dont mean its miles out because of the moulds! Just because its laid on and attached with tape!

Carbon roof vent is here. Should help with letting some air in and cooling the inside a bit!

Comment

• Jesus that's one heck of a lot of work and that cage is awesome!
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• New firewall in place. Just needs a final strengthener welded in and the whole lot welded around the outside and its done!

Carbon roof vent:

...and from behind

Comment

• flippin hell hamish i wouldn't like to crash into your car

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by volcano rs View Post
                  flippin hell hamish i wouldn't like to crash into your car
                  You wouldn't be able to catch it

Its certainly going to be a strong old beast!

Comment

• Rear wings have arrived! A big thanks to Tonks for them! They look a good quality mould. Going to require a lot of metal to be cut off the car to get them to fit, shouldn't take too long once the grinder is fired up!

Comment

• Looking good
                      S2 limo

Comment

• A few more pics of whats been going on and what has arrived!

Folded a piece up to cover the remaining bit of the old firewall as it was slightly unsightly:

Then I cut the sills and rear arches off.

The fuel swirl pot turned up last week from Pro Alloy. Hand made one off and is a real work of art! Also managed to get the last set of sport quattro headlights from Quattro corner!

I have also started scraping the underseal off. What a great job that is, not!

Comment

• An update!

I managed to get the rear wings to sit somewhere near, so put 3 big self tappers in to hold them:

Some inner rear arches bent:

Then a pair of new sills bent up:

Then they got some axle stand mounts welded into them, with some strengthening spars. There are also 2 metal pads to go underneath each sill as jacking points, although with the cage it will probably jack up on just the front one.

The front pipe is going to end up being linked into the cage mount:

They arn't so far off being finished, just the jacking points to weld on. They will go underneath the strengtheners for the axle stand mounts so it should be nice and solid!

Comment

• i just love reading and watching what you've done, great work will look so sweet when finished. when do you think you might have it finished? and how many site you posting on lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtimad73 View Post
                              i just love reading and watching what you've done, great work will look so sweet when finished. when do you think you might have it finished? and how many site you posting on lol.
                              I think it will be finished in 2010. Next year will be spent building the car and a suitable special engine. Its being posted on a few. Mostly VW sites as thats where my heart is!

Comment

• I know of two. But not really read it, bet you hate updating all the time?

Great work as usual Hamish!
                                You at Edition 38 this weekend? I'll be there in the S2 avant.
                                Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Working...
                                X