No announcement yet.

SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well finally the shell has its first bit of paint on it! The interior and boot done first. Then its getting turned over hopefully at the weekend so the underside can be sorted. Then it will be onto the exterior!

The paint is the new VW candy white, so obviously doesn't look like it does in the pics!

Ready for the booth!

Comment

• Nicely going! Painting the roll cage is a proper pain in the @ss, isn't it...... A zillion corners all over the place, and hard to reach areas.
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

• What a tease! I can't see the pics..
        1984 Pearlwhite ur quattro (3B 20v power - 034EFI/RS2 modded)

Comment

• very impressive...
          400hp 16vt rallye golf

Comment

• Very nice
            What gearbox do you plan on using?

Comment

• Looks Clean
              RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words! The cage sure is a pain to paint by what the painter was saying, over 2 litres just on the interior!

I am going to be using an 016 gearbox Sal.

Comment

• OMG !!!!!!!

Comment

• Managed to get the struts built up today. New wheel bearings, Koni adjustable dampers, 450lb front springs, 550lb rear, solid rose jointed top mounts. Just helper springs to look at once I see how it sits. I also got a set of 4 new genuine ball joints as well, so its all ready to back onto its wheels when it comes back from paint.

Pictures of the underside painted this coming week hopefully!

Comment

• what spring length did you end up going with?? i run 8" with 450 front and 550 rear also,i havent felt the need for helper springs at the moment as i dont think theres need to..car handles UNBELIEVABLE,like you could never expect..a very good combination..i have bilstein tho not the konis altho i expect simular results..car also behaves very well on bumps....are you using the rose joint top mount on the rear also, as the standard ones dont fit with the coilover caps

Comment

• They are 8" length yes. Its good to hear positive feedback on the same set up! I had thought it would be too hard for the road but perhaps not? I shall see about helper springs when its on its wheels just to keep the main spring in place when going over curbs on the track.

I will be using rose jointed mounts on the rear yes. I need to see if those front ones will work on the rear or if i need to use the s2 rear ones that compbrake do. Perhaps you could shed light on that?

Comment

• isn't it an mot issue without the helper springs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                            They are 8" length yes. Its good to hear positive feedback on the same set up! I had thought it would be too hard for the road but perhaps not? I shall see about helper springs when its on its wheels just to keep the main spring in place when going over curbs on the track.

I will be using rose jointed mounts on the rear yes. I need to see if those front ones will work on the rear or if i need to use the s2 rear ones that compbrake do. Perhaps you could shed light on that?
                            the top mounts are all the same i think,i have noticed the bilstein shocks are a little thicker,also what make springs did you use?helper springs may be useful on track,but for road use they are perfect without,even when jacked up the spring has no where to go and locates perfectly when on the ground
                            Last edited by s2martyn; 24 January 2010, 23:03.

Comment

• Nice setup. Wehere did you order the springs. I want to order the same ones for the SQ
                              Thanks! and keep it going like this.
                              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                              RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                              High Octane website

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the top mounts Martyn.

The springs are from here: http://www.dfaulknersprings.co.uk/

Does anybody know what a good spring rate for the helper spring would be?

Comment

Working...
                                X