No announcement yet.

SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear diff and driveshafts cleaned up and painted. A few bits powder coated, going to crack on with some bits this weekend!

Comment

• Nice job ! Is it a 26mm FARB you have there?? Original ur? Powerflex doesnt make bushings in that size anymore for ur. I had to make my own....
      Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
      www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• Originally posted by breitling View Post
        Nice job ! Is it a 26mm FARB you have there?? Original ur? Powerflex doesnt make bushings in that size anymore for ur. I had to make my own....
        I believe SuperFlex does them:
        http://www.superflex.co.uk/results.p...l=70&Search=Go
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• I have 26mm powerflex bushes for the anti-roll bar from Powerflex. There are a couple of options when ordering. I will get the part number for it in the morning.

Comment

• Great My dealer couldnt help me out...
            I knew i should asked the oracle
            Audi RS4+Long sportquattro
            www.hansenmotorsport.no

Comment

• I see your going down the route of 2 1/2" coilovers, have you decided on a spring lenght and poundage

Comment

• AMAZING!!! Awesome results mate!!
                - Looking for a S2
                - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

• The Powerflex antiroll bar bushes I have are listed on the Powerflex website as 25mm but they are the same diameter as the stanard ones that came off. The part number is PFF3-103-25.

I have gone down the route of making my own coilovers yes. I bought the tubes from compbrake. Once the spring seats are cut off and the struts are cleaned back to bare metal they just slide over perfectly. I am going to be using Koni adjustable dampers and 7" springs, 500lb front and 600lb rear.

I was advised by a couple of people running coilovers made the way I have done it to run 7" length but with 550lb front and 650lb rear. I am going to try slightly softer to begin with and see how there are.

Comment

• Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                    The Powerflex antiroll bar bushes I have are listed on the Powerflex website as 25mm but they are the same diameter as the stanard ones that came off. The part number is PFF3-103-25.

I have gone down the route of making my own coilovers yes. I bought the tubes from compbrake. Once the spring seats are cut off and the struts are cleaned back to bare metal they just slide over perfectly. I am going to be using Koni adjustable dampers and 7" springs, 500lb front and 600lb rear.

I was advised by a couple of people running coilovers made the way I have done it to run 7" length but with 550lb front and 650lb rear. I am going to try slightly softer to begin with and see how there are.
                    i had 400 at the front and 350 rear and they felt very hard.

Comment

• On a lightweight type85 Coupe Quattro i'm running 300 fronts 275 rears....

500-600 is touring car rated territory. They'll have very little give in them in a SWB....
                      Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
                      1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

• Yep, i've got the comp brake setup, Have been using 450 front and 300 rear, 8" long.
                        The 450's are way to hard for the front, so i'm going to try 300's and i'm going to try 275's on the back, but the main problem is that when the cars off the ground theres a gap of about 2" inbetween the top of the spring and the top mount (makes the car bounce when it lands). I think helper springs are not the way to go and i'm looking for a company who can make a spring thats about 11" long and progresive in compression.

Comment

• Thanks very much for the input on springs, this is just the type of information I am after! The car will be used mainly on track, hillclimb and sprint events, so I am not looking for a comfortable road set up. Have any of you guys used your cars with these hard springs on the track? If so how did you find them?

I had though I would need helper springs, what puts you off them? Most aftermarket coilovers use helper springs and they seem to work perfectly.
                          Last edited by G60Rallye; 19 March 2009, 18:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                            Thanks very much for the input on springs, this is just the type of information I am after! The car will be used mainly on track, hillclimb and sprint events, so I am not looking for a comfortable road set up. Have any of you guys used your cars with these hard springs on the track? If so how did you find them?

I had though I would need helper springs, what puts you off them? Most aftermarket coilovers use helper springs and they seem to work perfectly.
                            i used 40lb helper springs which stopped the main spring from moving about .

Comment

• A little bit more progress.

The struts are now converted into coilovers. I made sure they was plenty of red oxide on the struts before the tubes were welded on, I dont want any rust issues under there! They were easy to weld on and dressed down they look spot on, thinking back I should have done it before they were powder coated but never mind! I just need a set of springs to finish them now. Still undecided on spring rates.

I got the radiator cowling finished. I used some wet and dry paper on the alloy to de-shine it as I am not a fan of bling! Then it was all rivited together.

The subframes are now built up, all stainless bolts, nuts, and washers. I had an issue with the antiroll bar bush that goes through the wishbone. It had too large a hole for the old metal sleve so I made up some larger ones and pushed the old ones inside them. Apart from that it all went together fine.

Hoping to have some pregress on the shell soon!

Comment

• A sneeky peek at the cylinder head work that has been going on! The head is still to skim and and deck cool like on the fsi engines.

Comment

Working...
                                X