SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
    I know of two. But not really read it, bet you hate updating all the time?

Great work as usual Hamish!
    You at Edition 38 this weekend? I'll be there in the S2 avant.
    Yes i will be there, setting off in a couple of hours. Going down with a mate in his R32 seeing as i sold the Rallye.

Comment

• One sill finished with its jacking points added. Then it was welded on and the rear wing cut to suit.

Onto the otherside sill now!

Comment

• Good to meet you at E38 buddy. Your work is top notch. You going to any other shows this year,or are have you got your mind fixed on the project for the rest of the year? Hope you'll have it ready for the ring trip next year. Kick Matts a75e in the Dax Show him some proper power
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

• No more shows for me this year. Edition 38 was wild!

Hopefully i will have it finished for sometime next year. It will be a fun race against the Dax on a track!

Comment

• Your ***** will be so smokey when this car is finished

Great work!

Comment

• Other sill totally finished. Looks the same as the other side suprise suprise! Red oxide will dry tonight and tomorrow it will be on the car!

Comment

• Serisously good work there....
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• One of the rear arches is now just about done. It needs a little more welding and a good tidying up with the grinder and then it will be onto the otherside. There has been a lot more work in getting it sorted than i ever thought there would be! It didn't help that the fibreglass arch was bent inwards at the back, so i ended up adding a fillet to the inner arch to push it out another 50mm.

I have also sorted out a couple of bits of rust and cut the sill for the exhaust to sit in.

So onto the pics:

Proper arches

Chopped out the original sill/ chasis rail first for the exhaust:

Comment

• Onto the other arch now. It wont take anyware near the same time as its a better mould, no exhaust cut out to make, and i know what i am doing now!

Comment

• Hey mate your fabrication and build skills are amazing!!! are you a welder to trade? cheers Geordie

Comment

• Another update. The other rear arch is finished, same as the first just without the exhaust cut out.

Then I moved onto the front end. Spent ages getting the bumper to fit how i wanted it. Then got the grill and front wings to sit better. I have made a bar to connect the 2 front chasis rails together. It will then hold the wings, bumper and grill in place with some Dzus fasteners.

I have also cut the hole for the roof vent, so i have got to use it whether i like it or not!

Comment

• Firewall now just about done.

Then yesterday i went and picked up an engine from Geordie (S1rally)

It has lots of new parts with it and a good few uprated parts. Forged rods, arp head studs, new RS2 headgasket, new water pump, new main and big end shells, new crank seals. Lots more bits an pieces as well.

Some of the parts i ordered a while ago landed today. I now have more or less everything i need to mock the car up.

Comment

• Looking very good! Your car will be awesome.

Comment

• Got a little more done today.

Roof cut to weld the tops of the roll cage

Flushed off the tops of the subframe strengthening pipes

Also finished the axle stand pipes

Then i ran out of gas for the welder. So the doors paid for that by getting seriously lightened!

Now that the axle stand mounts are finished i am going to build a frame on wheels for it. Then it can be moved around to make it easier to work on. Also it will do for moving the shell to the blasters and painters. Still going through all the little jobs to finish off but the end is in sight!

Comment

• great werk done. Those doors are proper cut!
                                RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                                RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                                Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                                High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                                X