No announcement yet.

SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car will be going all white mate, its the only colour realy!

It wont be at inters this year! Perhaps next time. I might bring the Rallye down though

As for the cage welds, there is only 1 that was tided as it was slightly rough. I will be sorting any areas that need it dont worry. Wont be any issues with passing scrutineering when its done!

Comment

• hamish where are you going to put the fuse box ?

Comment

• Originally posted by volcano rs View Post
        hamish where are you going to put the fuse box ?
        Same here, had recently put rollcage in my car. Decided to put fuse box like relays were. Few wires (especially thick L30 terminal wires) need to be prolonged, the rest fits. Now my fuse box is hanging (on cable ties, facing with relays and fuses to the interior) in the top left corner and doing it's job. Will make brackets, one will use roll cage as fitment point, another wil utilize some hole which is near steering "torpedo".

Sau
        200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
        CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by volcano rs View Post
          hamish where are you going to put the fuse box ?
          Not where it used to be thats for sure! I have no idea at the moment to be honest mate. I doubt there will be any standard wiring left so it will go somewhere else when it all gets wired back up again.

I have got all the tubes cut now! A bit more welding and a bit of tidying and it will be done!

Comment

• Well another update. All the cage has now been welded. A few welds need a tidy up and i need to cut a couple of holes in the roof to weld across the tops of some tubes.

I have cut plates to attach the cage to the A and B pillars to stiffen the shell. They are now welded in and look pretty good I think.

I have finished the work on the rear pannel which has been an epic. I cut the centre section out so its the same as a turbo car. Then i set about welding up the remaining holes on the rear pannel. This lead to discovering a bad repair from what looks like a rear ender. They had used about 10mm of filler in one spot! So it was out with that piece as well and I made a new piece and welded it in.

I then decided to cut some nice big holes in the freshly repaired rear pannel to let some air out of the boot for when the rad is in there!

There was some rust in this area so it was replaced also.

Comment

• A few more shell repairs left to do. The boot floor is to make and the cowling for the rad. Then once my rear wings arrive i can sort out the rear arches and make some new sills, Hopefully the shell will be at the blasters in a couple on months!

Comment

• Fuel tank has arrived today. ATL jobbie, foam filled, FIA certified, 60 litre capacity.

Means i can see where everything will fit into the boot space now and get the new fire wall made up.

Comment

• Some more patch work..........

Should look acceptable with a grind up.

Comment

• Nice work!!!!!!!!!!
                    Aelred

Comment

• Originally posted by aelred View Post
                      Nice work!!!!!!!!!!
                      Thanks very much, means a lot from you!

Comment

• 400hp 16vt rallye golf

Comment

• That shell is not going to flex is it?

Nice work.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                            That shell is not going to flex is it?

Nice work.
                            That would be the plan. I think i am going to add some more tubing to strengthen up the rear subframe mounts also. I have noticed the rally cars had the area braced. Anybody have any view on doing it to a road car?

Comment

• Got the boot floor sections made this weekend and the cage/ cowling for the radiator to sit in. It all needs a good grind up yet!

Fettled the screen surrounds, need a little more on them yet.

Welded this bar into the back pannel to strengthen it up.

So fuel tank to mount next, then onto the fire wall!

Comment

• Coming along very nicely

Comment

Working...
                                X