SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice going

Slightly off topic, who supplied the toothed belt conversion on your g60. 1.8 or 2.0 litre and what did it dyno at bhp and torque, if known?

Thanks and continued good luck with your existing project.

kind regards.

Comment

The toothed belt was supplied by G-werks.

It uses the standard crank but with 83mm pistons so capacity is 1870cc with 9.1:1 compression. It made 264bhp and 230lb/ft of torque at 10psi.

Comment

Done a bit more today

Had to cover this hole

So i cut a section out of the roof piece that was removed and bashed it around a bit untill it was a good fit and welded it in. Adds a good bit more strength back to the roof rails as well.

They will look fine i think once they have had a proper grind up and a skim of filler.

Then i moved onto making the pieces to make the chasis rails appear more as one.

So i can see thats going to work now! I will have both sides all finished off this week. Should end up looking much more factory. Its not far off being a finished shell!

Comment

Another nice SQ project Keep the pictures coming.

Originally posted by garym View Post
          the rally short quattros used the front half of 80 two door not just windscreen pillers ,now thats a real job to do
          I don't agree with you on this one. The 80 isn't equiped with a front subframe. Therefore the quattro IL5 subframe and motormounts can't be fitted under an 80. The other white SQ replica here in holland has done it like that, and frankly it didn't work out very well IMHO. Basicly Audi changed all the pillars on the SQ. They only used the same doors as the 80. The pillars are SQ specific. Now for us SQ replica builders this makes life *easy because we can use some stuff from an 80 2-door, but not just an 80 frontend. Resumé; the SQ is a car on it's own.
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

Another fact about the pillars;
            The SQ C-pillar is wider and has a steeper angle
            The SQ roof is higher therefore the A and B-pillars are also higher
            The SQ B-pillars are more narrow
            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
            High Octane website

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
              Another nice SQ project Keep the pictures coming.

I don't agree with you on this one. The 80 isn't equiped with a front subframe. Therefore the quattro IL5 subframe and motormounts can't be fitted under an 80. The other white SQ replica here in holland has done it like that, and frankly it didn't work out very well IMHO. Basicly Audi changed all the pillars on the SQ. They only used the same doors as the 80. The pillars are SQ specific. Now for us SQ replica builders this makes life *easy because we can use some stuff from an 80 2-door, but not just an 80 frontend. Resumé; the SQ is a car on it's own.

Sorry guys I am a bit lost with the above statement. I have got an Audi 80 2 door and I removed the engine box and front subframe the other night and the s2 subframe seems to sit in the right place. The only thing I can see that I need to alter is to weld in the engine mounts to the front chassis leg to take the motor.
              I will start a new post with lots and lots and lots of pics of my project once I am a little further down the line. So far I have collected the following. 1 x Audi S2, 1 x Audi 80 2 Door, 1 x Audi CQ, 1 x 7A Block, 1 x 7A Head, JE 83mm Pistons, H Beam Rods, AAN inlet, KW Coilovers V2, 5 x Asev 'A' 17 x 8. Wish list is slowly being picked off. next thing I need is the kevlar roof from Ker Audi.
              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

nice,other shorty project comming soon

can't wait to see.

G60 nice project also keep up the good work

greets

Comment

UR Quattro

Where did you have the conversion done as i am planning on doing one. Also how long did it take and price please if thats possible. I likee the way you have presented the pictures its all worth it in the end.

Comment

All my own work. It has taken 3 months to get to this point.

Comment

Got some more done to it recently. The chasis rails are all finished off. Once they have a skim of filler they will look bob on! The seat rails are cut and the mounts for them are welded in. Then i cut some 3mm plate to make the cage mounts out of. I also cut the roof spars out as there was some rust residing behind them.

Comment

Comment

I forgot the roll cage tube also turned up!

40 meters of 50mm outside diameter, 2mm wall thickness, cold draw seamless. Should do the trick!

Comment

swb shell

im afraid your wrong jeffer the genuine sport does use 80 front half ,i should know i own a genuine factory car as well as a replica ,as for the front subframe mounts these are modified onto the shell ,the big give away is the pressings in the floor pan the quattro ones are different than on genuine sport quattro

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                              the big give away is the pressings in the floor pan the quattro ones are different than on genuine sport quattro
                              Have you got any pics????? would like to see the difference.
                              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Gary, like asked, can you show that with some pics? And how do you think they done the motor mounts. Because those arent on a OEM 80 2-door front end.
                                RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                                Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                                High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                                X