SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butcher...

Yet another nice cq butchered. Why not to go A2 rally car replica style ?

I hope at the end it will be worth it. How many slopenose sq replicas are finished? I may sound a bit pesimistic, but I can see quite a few projects going, however only VolcanoRS has something what can I call nearly finished. Please don't stop.

BTW: what roll cage you are going to install? Please post pictures, because I'm collecting them .

Sau
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

I wish you luck! Just whait to see more pictures.
      All the best!
      Eugen

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw View Post

Yet another nice cq butchered. Why not to go A2 rally car replica style ?

I hope at the end it will be worth it. How many slopenose sq replicas are finished? I may sound a bit pesimistic, but I can see quite a few projects going, however only VolcanoRS has something what can I call nearly finished. Please don't stop.

BTW: what roll cage you are going to install? Please post pictures, because I'm collecting them .

Sau
        sau mine is finished its got mot tax and insurance and i drive it regularly .i'm just changing few things for more power

Comment

It without doubt will be finished. I have a fully rebuilt Golf G60 Rallye that I did last winter which is now on the road and i use for hill climbs etc.

I will be getting a cage from custom cages in England

Comment

well dont be afraid of putting pictures up of your rallye as we love all things four wheel drive from the stables of vw audi.

so it is finished then volcano ( it made me smile when i saw that )
            an i can say volcanos car does look very nice and it would be worth takin his advice as he has nearly finnished his ( it really does look cool and i thought it was finnished.) o yeah and

Comment

Got the back bumper and the tailgate off today. The sill covers also came off all looks ok under there a few bits that need attention but nothing too drastic! Got a new heatgun today so i finsihed up taking off all the tar matt from the floor. Managed to get that bag from just one side, it must weigh a good 10kg so say 20kg of weight removed!

And seeing as you would like some of the Rallye here you go:

Comment

Nice work there, and seems this is progressing well, what i wouldn't give for a decent space to work on my car in.

Comment

Is this Hamish by anychance

I followed your Rallye build up last year on dubforce.net If the Audi turns out to be half as good as the Golf i think we are in for a good thread

Good luck with the build and keep us informed about it

Are you doing a build up on dubforce.net as i haven't been on for a while. (I had a Mk2 2.9VR) Thats why i used to go on there
                  Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

This is Hamish yes! The build thread is on Dubforce, I am glad that you have a bit of faith in me even if others dont. I will be a good one dont worry!

Comment

looking at your pics of golf i'm sure you'll do a good job

Comment

Well I have made the first purchase for it!

Here it is, cosworth rs500 alloy rad to go in the boot!

I am trying to sort out a roll cage now! The one that custom cages do is not exactly what I am after so I am trying to see if they will sell the main hoop and the A pillar bars seperatly and then I can make the rest of the bars.

Comment

Custom cages do do core kits for any of the vehicles that they make full cages for.Just a thought
                          http://www.customcages.co.uk/corekits.htm

Comment

Yes I am in contact with them currently trying to sort out what I want, I realy want it in T45 to keep the weight down.

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                              Well I have made the first purchase for it!

Here it is, cosworth rs500 alloy rad to go in the boot!

I am trying to sort out a roll cage now! The one that custom cages do is not exactly what I am after so I am trying to see if they will sell the main hoop and the A pillar bars seperatly and then I can make the rest of the bars.

SNAP!

Just remember to bend your knees when you pick it up?

It`s a heavy radiator, but xspower do make some good things maybe slightly over engineerd at times.

I`ve heard their wastegates aint too shabby either.

Good luck with your project
                              The ONLY S2 Golf!
                              http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                              10.42@138mph
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Yikes, it looks massive when its in the car!

I have just had a look at your project, dont know how I missed it up there? It looks amazing! Thinking of using a gt35r turbo myself i will be interested to hear how it goes when its running. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X