No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 coolant? wtf, time for an ally rad and rs2 water pump if your not running one, if you are going to track it low temp thermostat as well

Comment

• I'd be very worried for the head gasket with repeatedly 120 degrees...
      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Don't you get boost reduced at ~108 deg ? If not I would want it that way
        in the tune as you cant always look at the dash when pushing it.

Comment

• My temp gauge doesn't work on the dash
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
            My temp gauge doesn't work on the dash
            You wanna pull a Ross then?
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
              The thermostat is not going to affect it on hard thrashing anyway.
              I don't know why people assume it will.

Yes, the initial warmup phase will take a bit longer, since it's open at a lower temperature, but regardless - at around 90C the standard thermostat is wide open.

If the temps keep going up that means the cooling of the system is insufficient. Opening it at 70C or 80C just means that it will take a tiny bit longer, but if you were hitting 120C before, you're going to hit it again.

It's elementary physics...
              Andy's initial comments were about misfiring on idle and low revs may I remind everyone, hence keeping the car cooler for the injector issue I recommended the phenolic spacer and thereon the lower coolant temperatures as a whole. Andy has also removed the AUX rad and that may also play a role. Makes me think about how audi had it there for a reason.

+ I also want to add that using a fan switch which is lower as well will keep the fans working continuesly if coolant temp is above say 95-100C therefore the 120C coolant would be difficult to reach.

Again all those are safety features not a necessity. It should be that the car is reaching those levels of heat
              Last edited by A80Avant; 26 June 2013, 19:16.

Comment

• Audi deffo had it there for a reason and running wastegate cooling + no additional rad is probably what is causing the whole issue.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Nikolas on here is running a custom front rad with two spal fans mounted either side. Looks good
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                    You wanna pull a Ross then?
                    Ambient, not coolant

Originally posted by prj View Post
                    Audi deffo had it there for a reason and running wastegate cooling + no additional rad is probably what is causing the whole issue.
                    Just incase you double the power, hammer it around Spa for a full day, and its 32c outside... Good thinking Audi
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/power...ance-cars.html
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                        Just a thought but could this increase in coolant and subsequently oil temps be a result of the coolant now also being passed through the TiAL wastegate.. i mean with high ambient temps and thrashing it all day, that's really got to heat it up some, no?
                        Wait. You have a water cooled wastegate? Well no wonder the coolant temps were up.
                        Looking at the videos, you spent quite a bit of time at full boost, as in with the wastegate open, exhaust gases passing through it, coolant passing through that.
                        I would want to run the coolant return line through a small rad at least.

More mods needed, Andy.
                        It's a shame I passed by Spa just a couple of days too late.
                        SS

Comment

• Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                          Don't you get boost reduced at ~108 deg ? If not I would want it that way
                          in the tune as you cant always look at the dash when pushing it.
                          More like 118°C.
                          I remember being on the Ring with Jeffry when his RS2 cut boost at that temperature.
                          SS

Comment

• Is that actually that good?

Comment

• Do you use that coolant JP? Sounds interesting.
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Tempted to try it. The theory is as it has a higher boiling point it cools more efficiently. Some good reviews online about it. Not cheap though.
                                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X