Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
    Nice work Mr Sonic.

Is that a 1974 Ferrari Dino 246GT I see in the workshop?
    You've either been directory browsing or you really are a god when it comes to car's

S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

You mean the dino that shares its engine with the awesome Lancia Stratos!
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
        Front brakes:
        http://www.andy-burton.co.uk/s2/rs2/...6/DSCF3720.JPG

Yes - they really are THAT big!
        Holy crap! They are HUGE
        Nice project sonic!
        S2 Avant -95

Comment

Bit of a strange question possibly,

but what are your impressions ofd the new brakes and the old brakes?

Were the old disks 323mm?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
            but what are your impressions ofd the new brakes and the old brakes?

Were the old disks 323mm?

Thanks.
            I was running 996's with 323mm discs and the 280x22 rear upgrade for a week or so prior to the 8-pot upgrade.

Id say the initial setup was almost perfect in terms of balance. The 996's provide plenty of braking force and having used them round the 'ring had little problem of brake fade, and the larger rear setup kept the back end in check and stopped most of the dive.

The 8-pot setup at the front doesnt unbalance the car as much as i thought it might, but its obviously noticeable that you have 16 pistons ready to stop you at the front, and only 2 at the back

Id say the 996/rear setup is spot on for daily driving and fast road use, and i guess even on track, which for £1200-1500 for both complete kits is fantastic. The 8-pot setup is for those that want that extra edge and comfort of knowing that you're only going to use 30% of your braking force 99% of the time, and have the extra money lying around. Another thing is that you need alloys at a minimum of 18" for the 8-pots.

Ive got bilsteins with H&R's on the car also, and i imagine you'd practically flip with car if you locked on with 8-pots with anything less!

Comment

Do you have any master cylinder issues moving ALL that fluid into the eight pot calipers? (Not sure if this has been addressed anywhere else?)

Cheers,

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                Do you have any master cylinder issues moving ALL that fluid into the eight pot calipers? (Not sure if this has been addressed anywhere else?)
                Ask Ben about that one

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=15713&page=3

The general consensus is that its not required. I know Ben has been running his for a couple of years now with no master cylinder problems so personally i cant see there is any problem.

Comment

Sonic,

Thanks for the feedback in relation to the impression on the different brake set ups.

I presume you don't have a photo showing the new ones, the 323mm, and then say 304 / 280mm discs?

Just a thought, no worries.

Kind regards.

Comment

Few updates -

Ive had a couple of RS2 turbo's in my hands - both sent back due to cracks in the hot side. Ive got a reconditioned one from AET with 360 bearing on the way now, which should set me right!

All the other gear has arrived and ive bought some siemens 650cc injectors to use instead of the bosch green tops.

As a product of this evening, the intercooler and XM are off and the new wagner XM fitted. The brakes are off so the carriers can be anodized and the front bumper is in pieces so the grills can be sand blasted and painted.

The plan now is to get the reverse IM/IC sorted, leaving the stock k24 with RS2 airbox/maf, wagner reverse IM, IC and XM homefried. Should be perfect for the ring in 2 and a bit weeks

The wagner EM, RS2 turbo, exhaust cam, injectors, fuel pump, engine rebuild and remap will be done upon my return!

My only problem now is that the f***ing speedo stopped working again on the way to the garage

Comment

SOnic - Bosch 650 is way overkill for RS2 setup my man... Maybe you are thinking beyond that spec already, but its a no brainer to just fit them when you need them.

I have a set of RS2 injectors here if you are stuck for a set.

Have you bought a 3bar MAP sensor yet ?

Are you ready for some Beta testing on the hi-boost RS2 fries or what ?

PS - How would you like a V-stream on that setup you have now before you head for Germany... Holds max boost a tad longer and provides a bit more up top. More importantly it will allow to consistently make max boost despite colder air temps as a result of your bigger IC. Should be able to get the spare ECU to you this weekend if you want to try it first. Twill give you some more zip - hey you gotta test those mad brakes somehow.
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                        SOnic - Bosch 650 is way overkill for RS2 setup my man... Maybe you are thinking beyond that spec already, but its a no brainer to just fit them when you need them.
                        Ive got that set of RS2 injectors that have been refurbished, but are pretty crusty on the outside.

I remember you saying to get some of the 650cc ones when we were talkinga about 2871, so i figured id get some when they became available

But you recon stick with the RS2 ones for now?

Have you bought a 3bar MAP sensor yet ?
                        Not yet, you dont happen to have any do you

Are you ready for some Beta testing on the hi-boost RS2 fries or what ?
                        The RS2 spec will be happening when i get back from the ring, the stock rods will take ~500-550Nm so we could do it prior to the engine rebuild unless you think its a bit risky? Also what additional gauges should i be buying?

As for the V-stream homefry, ill have my ECU in the post to you tomorrow

The car is on axle stands now until everything is fitted and i head off to the ring, so no need for the donor ECU.

Cheers Paul!

Comment

OK - go ahead and send the ECU then... I'll do you a switchable setup so you can feel the difference - consider this some free testing on the V-Stream Beta program. Someone else has had a taste, but the next brew is better. I'll dig out the injectors and post a photo if interested. I wouldn't bother with the monster injectors on RS2 setup personally.

I recommend you get a wideband O2 sensor and guage - from likes of Innovate, TechEdge, Zeitronix and numerous others... I really like Zeitronix kit as it has much wider scope for datalogging and such - its expensive - but its good gear. The WB sensor can be fitted in place of factory lambda probe, but apparently they are more accurate when placed further from the turbo.

I don't have any 3bar VMAPs at the moment.
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

OK - go ahead and send the ECU then... I'll do you a switchable setup so you can feel the difference - consider this some free testing on the V-Stream Beta program. Someone else has had a taste, but the next brew is better. I'll dig out the injectors and post a photo if interested. I wouldn't bother with the monster injectors on RS2 setup personally.

I recommend you get a wideband O2 sensor and guage - from likes of Innovate, TechEdge, Zeitronix and numerous others... I really like Zeitronix kit as it has much wider scope for datalogging and such - its expensive - but its good gear. The WB sensor can be fitted in place of factory lambda probe, but apparently they are more accurate when placed further from the turbo.

I don't have any 3bar VMAPs at the moment.
                            Awesome

Am i looking at this then? http://www.maperformance.com/zeitron...y-package.html

Do i need the EGT probe and MAP sensor? Just give me some links of what i should be buying

Are you able to get your hands on 3bar VMAPs?

Comment

That thing is good MRC use it but it's not really practical when your driving to see the values.

I need to look into something I can connect to my in-car PC

Comment

I did a thread on lambdas and EGT sensors a while ago as I was looking into it. The Zeitronix stuff was recommended then.
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X