Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
    All sounds a bit wrong, guess that's the problem with tolerances. Sorry to hear that it's not worked quite as planned. What about some sort of spacer to space the TB downwards?
    That wouldn't work as well as you think the angle on the manifold is not 90 degrees on the elbow so you would bring closer to the slam panel as well where the bonnet has even less clearance.

Comment

• Andy,

As discussed yesteray - if there's enough room to clear the subframe, space the passenger engine mount down with a few washers and that should give the extra 4-5mm needed to hopefully clear it!

I have an 034 Motorsport snub mount you can have. Let me know if you need it popped in the post. Just be aware, that the intense vibration transmitted through the chassis is against the grain of the fabric you are weaving... it's a snug fit though so grinding a few mm off it's diameter would probably solve the vibration under normal operating conditions (ie not WOT and full boost).

Cheers,
      Ross
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• The 034 snubmount wouldn't on the Wagner setup the mount holder is different on the crossmember.

You can space down up to 9mm before hitting the subframe

Comment

• Wouldn't fit or wouldn't cause such vibration?

Looks like spacing down in the way to go, given that he's got 36 hours to get it sorted!
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• 24h - nothing like a pre-ring challenge.

Last year it was my gearbox that was in pieces at this point.
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• @Sonic have you spoken to Rich yet to see if he has made any headway? Might be worth discussing the option of lowering the mount before he starts cutting bonnet!
              Haynes Manual:As described in Chapter 7...

Translation:That'll teach you not to read through before you start, now you are looking at scarey photos of the inside of a gearbox.

Comment

• yes, i spoke to him at 8 this morning.

Comment

• Spare bonnet, angle grinder, matt black paint. Job done. Get some air outlet triangles at the back and over the turbo, will add to the concours look of the car...
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• I have a spare bonnet............

Comment

• i was thinking of a subaru-style scoop. I know of a subaru lying around

Does anyone have any ideas about the alarm? This could prove to be more of a problem.

Comment

• Bonnet idea is a good one...

Best of luck sorting out your problems Andy.

I know it is an obvious point but I feel better having posted it: Don't go round the ring if there is ANY chance of the throttle jamming open again, it is potentailly lethal!

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                          Bonnet idea is a good one...
                          Is that like some sort of friendly sabotage... mwah ha ha ha :mischeif:
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Sonic, PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• will post 'em up tonight.

Comment

• Also jamo - you'll love my engine bay

Comment

Working...
                                X