No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meant to add - I'd like to try out the alternative 3bar MAP sensor on yours if thats OK - they are about a tenth of price of VMAP. Dynamic range is perfect... Nuff said. Only niggle is packaging which I need to fettle. Fuggit - I'll order up a couple of them to dry run it before I commit on your ECU.

Do NOT by a VMAP in the meantime...
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• not 600NM you meant 500Nm,right?

Comment

• Why not 600Nm - been done before with uprated rods before on high boosting RS2 turbo.
        Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• yes i meant for Sonic who doesnt have uprated rods. right? or am i forgetting something?

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            Meant to add - I'd like to try out the alternative 3bar MAP sensor on yours if thats OK - they are about a tenth of price of VMAP. Dynamic range is perfect... Nuff said. Only niggle is packaging which I need to fettle. Fuggit - I'll order up a couple of them to dry run it before I commit on your ECU.

Do NOT by a VMAP in the meantime...
            Sounds like a plan, let me know when you want my ECU

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
            yes i meant for Sonic who doesnt have uprated rods. right? or am i forgetting something?
            I think 500-550Nm is about the absolute limit of stock rods, 600Nm is acheiveable with uprated.

Im planning runnig with stock initially, then uprating when i do an engine rebuild.
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• to be honest you do get a nice kick in the butt with 500Nm. To have a turbo give you 600Nm just for 300rvs and then have to drag it down to 1.5boost so that it doesnt explode is not a nice option for me. Maybe i have gone more to the sansation that you get 500Nm all the way to almost the red line which matters most,cause you get that rush of pull for a long time!

Comment

• Just to confirm the gaskets ill need for the turbo/EM change:

Block - EM
                EM - Turbo
                Turbo - DP
                Turbo - Oil Pipe

Anything else?

Comment

• Get some spare studs in case you need to remove the old ones, a tap and die set and lots of WD40 is a nice plan too, in case you have to do some fettling

RS2 time?
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• And a dremel for any really stubborn ones.
                    Paul Nugent

Comment

And a dremel for any really stubborn ones.

Comment

And a dremel for any really stubborn ones.
                        bu-boom tsh!

I'm sorry Gary but it just doesn't get old...

Would there be in any harm in using one-time fitted studs? I have a set I've said Any can use, though I'm not partial to keeping them in my hands in case an RS2 turbo falls outta the sky :mischeif:
                        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Well im still sat on the RS2 turbo and EM + remap, but have just found its leaking fuel, badly.

This however does give me the chance to fit the 044 pump whilst having the fuel line replaced.

Comment

• I had a good solid day on the s2 yesterday and got quite a few niggles fixed in preparation for the ring trip in April.

Xenons - One of the ballasts had gone so i replaced them both with slimline ballasts mounted very neatly at both sides with 8k bulbs which have a really nice warm colour, easier on the eyes than the white 6k ones IMO and more like the LED side lights. We also modded the light clusters so that the negative now connects in side the cluster instead of running outside and mounting to the body. One of the cluster mountings had also snapped so this was plastic welded back together. The lights were also realigned which has levelled them out nicely.

Coolant system - Replaced the coolant tank which solves the leak at the top (Thanks s2avant). Removed the aux rad and Rich made some really nice aluminium stoppers which look smart. All my coolant issues should be gone now wahoo!

Aircon - Gone. Bit of a last minute decision but I've consigned myself to the fact that i'm just never going to get round to using it, and the car is slowly becoming more track orientated. Also it just gets in the bloody way.

Washer jets - Completely cleaned out, fixed the leaking pipe and nozzles realigned. I can't tell you how damn annoying this has been.

Electric drivers window - This stopped working a couple of months ago which again is bloody annoying. We took the door apart and quickly narrowed it down to the motor by testing voltages. Rich took the motor out and it wasn't working. I figured we'd have to get another one, but Rich took it to pieces and half an hour later it was working. Sorted.

Rear wishbone bushes - Replaced. Makes a massive difference.

Verdict:

I bet 30kg or so has been removed from in front of the front axle, the turbo can breath far easier now and the air can reach the main radiator very easily - yes you can feel it. The whole front of the engine bay looks far less cluttered and is way easier to get to things.

Comment

• What happened to the old Aircon bits? What was wrong with the aircon?

Comment

• The ac didn't work when i got the car. I replaced the notorious hose behind the airbox which should have fixed it, but i never got round to testing it or gassing it up... so i removed the whole system instead

Comment

Working...
                                X