No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having all these bits done has cleared the air nicely now.

I need to get the car in with GT500 to have some touch-ups, there are some bits of rust developing under the rear arch and in a couple of other usual places, so want the sorting sooner rather than later.

After that i can fit the RS2 turbo, i should have a k24 7200 freshly rebuilt with 360 bearing, wagner EM, bosch 044 pump, rs2 injectors and have it mapped. Then i can think about fitting the SM flywheel and clutch.

Also looking under the car this weekend i can see the subframes are going to need overhauling and protecting in 12-24 months. They are rusting away nicely.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• I have some nice software waiting for you andy... Hot switchable rs2 n & v stream. Let me know timeline for you...
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Andy, with the aircon and aux rad gone, check out my cold air feed thread, you'll be able to route some 4" pipe through, no sweat, especially with the reverse intake. It makes a very pleasing difference and costs about £5
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
          I have some nice software waiting for you andy... Hot switchable rs2 n & v stream. Let me know timeline for you...
          Im looking to get the rs2 kit fitted in april when i get back from the 'ring... securing funds to complete it as we speak

For anyone wondering whether to strip aircon and aux rad, i'd recommend it by the way!

Comment

• I'd also recommend swapping the interior fan box to a non aircon one if you've taken the aircon out.

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
            For anyone wondering whether to strip aircon and aux rad, i'd recommend it by the way!

Comment

• Andy - Anything special when removing the AC or just a straight job?

I'm considering doing this as well since mine has been in offline mode for years now.
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Really easy.

I removed the front bumper, intercooler and arch liner to get right into it then you just unscrew a load of pipes and you're mostly done.

I also removed the aux rad which made things easier.

Getting the ac rad off can be a PITA, but thats about it!

Comment

• A few of you know i've had some problems with the car since my last update!

I've replaced the bilsteins with adjustable koni's, but the suspension is still way to stiff to drive around normal roads. To add to this, there is a coolant leak in the head, and the ! light is coming up on when braking, so i'm thinking bomb.

On the bright side, i've got a head kit (thanks Ross and Aelred), so will be getting the head rebuilt in a few weeks.

I'll also fit the rs2 exhaust cam, wagner exhaust manifold and rebuilt rs2 turbo. If i can get a map sorted i'll fit the green top injectors as well.

So all in all sounding good, i should have a decent RS2 spec within a few weeks, just pending the bomb, suspension, clutch and bodywork for completion

I'm thinking of putting stock springs on the koni's and getting the bilsteins refurbished, then take it from there with the suspension. I can always drive around on stock springs then change to H&R's when tracking the car.

I've taken the amplifiers and subs out of the boot because the amp shelf just went rotten after a few weeks due to the water running down the inside.. an age old problem, i need to come up with a new location for the amps.

The other thing, which i think is the alternator or just a dodgy ground, is that when the ignition is on and i'm using the seperate amplifiers there is an aweful amount of noise coming through the speakers, that increases when you put your foot down. If you don't put your foot down the noise stays uniform, if i use the headunit amps as i am now there is no noise.

Comment

• The car is booked in for the head rebuild with rs2 exhast cam, rs2 turbo, wagner EM and rs2 map with injectors if i can get that sorted.

I'm also putting the car on stock springs with the koni's which should go some way towards solving my suspension woes.

I look forward to my next update

Comment

• Sonic,

"I look forward to my next update."

So am I, re the suspension.

Kind regards.

Comment

• What happened to your Billies in the end?
                        1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                        A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

• @Sonic - I owe you a reply on injector choice... catch you this week. If all else fails I can get you running on tried & trusted RS2 injectors with switchable setup as you like 350bhp/500Nm and 380bhp/550bhp with N and V stream on board.

A real time session on 550 injectors would get you tantalisingly close to 400bhp... at which point it might be worth looking at the HFM setup - but I need to sync up with prj about that one.

Lets go safe, trusted, simple to get you running some extra oomf on that RS2 setup before we worry too much about extracting the last Nth out of it.
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Cheers Paul, that would be brilliant. I'll drop my ECU in the post when i get it out of the car hopefully early next week.

The funny thing is that RS2 spec will be almost double my current power and torque, which is going to be fun

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            What happened to your Billies in the end?
                            I think they're under my stairs somewhere. My long-term plan is to get them refurbished and put them back on the car as they are actually less crashy than the koni's.

Comment

• With stock springs, for a controlled but supple ride, set the Konis to 1 turn from full soft on the front and half a turn on the back.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I ran mine 1 turn from fully stiff at the rear and 1.5 at the front. It was quite a strong damping effect but for track use, you'll want it a little stiffer...
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X