3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
    I seem to recall I got the leads for £100 from Pete at quattro corner and the knock sensors from a local(ish) Bosch agent/dealer for about £90 for the pair. If the leads are really old they'd be first on my list, it's a pity the only practical way to test them is to replace/substitute.
    Perfect, sent Pete an email.

That is not unreasonable, and good maintenance anyway. I just dont want to spend £1k and be left in the same position, a couple of hundred is fine, and thats it covered for later anyway.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Yeah you don't want to be speanding a fortune chasing your tail, the leads are really a consumable so it would good to know where you are with them. Hell, for a £1K you could convert it coils and ABY ECU.

If the leads don't sort it I'd consider changing the coil if still original, it's already had a hard life and RS2+ spec is asking a fair bit of it. I have no idea how ridiculous the price is from TPS, probably very, that's if they can even still supply one. Might worth asking Pete for a price as well as your local factors.

And you've probably already done it but double check the earths between the engine and chassis, I've added another think one between the the IM and ABS pump mount because I have OCD.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Andy, I've got the coil and leads I was running on my car before going to 5 coils, Leads I bought new about 5 yrs ago (not that many miles), coil is original, I've been running in excess of 400 hp on them no probs.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• Now there's a really handy offer.

Comment

• Hi John

How much do you want for them? It would be good to know they work at boost, as I am sure cq20vdriver had issues with new leads not up to scratch.

Sorry I cant send a PM from this computer, but will later.

Kit, I will check the earths, and add some. I have messed about with them as battery tray is cut out.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Just had a look at my timing marks, the cam pulley is pretty much dead on it's mark with the flywheel 0 line just on the edge of the bell housing. Unfortunatally I can't get the rotor arm off without potentialy braking it but the rotor itself seems to be centered on the notch on the casing, though it's hard to eye it accuratly.

Your's isn't a tooth or even half tooth different so I'm not sure if it's a problem or not, sorry I can't be more help.

I would take pic's however my camera is rubbish.

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                Hey Gordon

Nice to hear you are still alive

An complete RS2 kit came up insanely cheap, so I bought it (Now fitted and just MOTd the car this week, trying to get it running right now)

Hope you get yours back on the road soon, be good to meet up. What do you have left to do?
                Andy, Yeh still in the land of the living thanks goodness, hopefully be a few years yet before i pass over to the dark side!!, he he.

Well, running gear wise the only thing i haven't replaced yet is the front tie rods, everything else is new and shiny, i'll no doubt get round do replacing them this time off. After that i think she's ready to be dropped back on to her wheels, exciting times!!!

I'll prob not bother with an MOT until next year, may as well preserve the old girl as best i can.

So what you doing with all the bits and pieces you bought for the 7400 conversion, for sale perhaps?

Once that RS2 set up is sorted be sure and let me know so ill pop round for a gander, i'm intrigued as to how that turbo will spool. Perhaps i would find the old school power delivery more fun than a quick spooling 7400. Good times ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                  Just had a look at my timing marks, the cam pulley is pretty much dead on it's mark with the flywheel 0 line just on the edge of the bell housing. Unfortunatally I can't get the rotor arm off without potentialy braking it but the rotor itself seems to be centered on the notch on the casing, though it's hard to eye it accuratly.

Your's isn't a tooth or even half tooth different so I'm not sure if it's a problem or not, sorry I can't be more help.

I would take pic's however my camera is rubbish.
                  Thanks Kit!

It is running great, pulls great, also the intermittent codes have gone. So maybe an idiosyncrasy, or possibly a damaged keyway on the cam pulley.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                    Andy, Yeh still in the land of the living thanks goodness, hopefully be a few years yet before i pass over to the dark side!!, he he.

Well, running gear wise the only thing i haven't replaced yet is the front tie rods, everything else is new and shiny, i'll no doubt get round do replacing them this time off. After that i think she's ready to be dropped back on to her wheels, exciting times!!!

I'll prob not bother with an MOT until next year, may as well preserve the old girl as best i can.

So what you doing with all the bits and pieces you bought for the 7400 conversion, for sale perhaps?

Once that RS2 set up is sorted be sure and let me know so ill pop round for a gander, i'm intrigued as to how that turbo will spool. Perhaps i would find the old school power delivery more fun than a quick spooling 7400. Good times ahead.
                    Sounds good. Bambridge does the front track rod end adjusters (but with a 17mm hex, instead of the little one that rounds off for a reasonable price).

I have spare parts to sell now (just not had time to list them)

k24 7400 from a 2005 car, was low mileage, now has a porsche k26/6 hotside fitted, so fits the Audi manifold and downpipe.
                    Delphi 440 injectors (for porkkis chipset)
                    2x cobra head intake hose and reducer (to try and clear the back of the headlight)
                    Spare k24 7400 coldside (if you want to cut and weld)
                    3B ecu with 3bar map sensor (unknown damage, blows fuse)

Yeah, no problem, you are welcome to see what you think once she is running properly.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Had her out for another run tonight, sometimes she was going great, pulling 25+psi, pulls like a train, driving best just under full throttle, sometimes WOT okay, sometimes immediately fall flat. So much fun to take for a run though, feels insanely quick, and corners soo flat through the twistys. She really seems more settled/planted at speed.

And blew another boost hose off, corroded jubilee clip, so cleaned and new mikalor fitted. Went around and tightened all the hoses again.

I am also getting some oil leaking onto the plugs, which will not be helping. So hopefully next week

New coil
                      New leads
                      New cam cover gasket (going the use sealant on the gasket to cam cover off the car, so can wipe off any excess, and then the thinnest smear on the bottom of the gasket to seal it to the head.

My dad suggested if possible cleaning the micro switch contacts in the TB.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Great stuff, glad your getting somewhere, the odd glitchs sound like weak ignition so hopefully the coil and leads will be the end of them.

It's a great set up and I'm still only just getting use to it, full throttle through 2nd and 3rd gear is awesome. What sort of weight is your's ATM mate? Mine really flys and is no more than 1350 KG's with a full tank of fuel, for the time being I wouldn't want it to be any quicker.

Comment

• Yeah, its awesome! Cant wait until its 100%.

Mine was 1330 last time. Still got procon 10, so still got weight to loose. Weight distribution is awful though, 900kg front axle!

360+bhp and 1350kg shifts anyway, combined with torque, long gears it makes for a very quick cross country motor!

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                            Sounds good. Bambridge does the front track rod end adjusters (but with a 17mm hex, instead of the little one that rounds off for a reasonable price).

I have spare parts to sell now (just not had time to list them)

k24 7400 from a 2005 car, was low mileage, now has a porsche k26/6 hotside fitted, so fits the Audi manifold and downpipe.
                            Delphi 440 injectors (for porkkis chipset)
                            2x cobra head intake hose and reducer (to try and clear the back of the headlight)
                            Spare k24 7400 coldside (if you want to cut and weld)
                            3B ecu with 3bar map sensor (unknown damage, blows fuse)

Yeah, no problem, you are welcome to see what you think once she is running properly.
                            Andy, Would you sell the hotside from the turbo seperately? I'm keen for the hotside and cobra intake plumbing.

Thats cool about the tie rod adjusters, i'll drop bambridge a line. Cheers mucker.

Gordon

Comment

• I would like to sell the turbo complete, but if I cant I will give you first refusal on the hot side.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Took my dad out for a quick run today, pretty much any time WOT would result in "buffering" with no increase in RPM, like a soft rev limit, back off the throttle slightly and away she would go.

What do high boost missfires normally feel like? Its not a hard cut like a rev limit.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X