No announcement yet.

3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well done, andy - that's a great job well done!!

will get a thread up soon about a meet up your way and see if we can get a decent turn out in the autumn.

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Well done mate Massive leak from the turbo area sounds like the source of your troubles.
      Check your cold side bolts are tight, mine came loose and are now loctited.
      Also check the hose from the turbo to the N75 bottom leg, might have a split.
      MAF hose can be split under the clip at the turbo inlet.
      Grease the "thread" part on the jubillee clips and they will do up easier and tighter.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• get a smoke test done and that should reveal the source of the trouble. i have just had one done on the quattro and would never have sourced the problem areas without it.

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Thanks gents.

Yup, hoping to make the next get together up here, as I have been missing all the runs, only crieff. It will be good to have a catch up and see the new beastie.

Cheers John, going to pull the front bumper off, and boost leak test tonight after work, got a spray bottle of soapy water as well. I was reading about your cold side leak earlier, must have been a PITA to find the first time!

Thanks for the tips.
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Well done Andy, hope the boost leaks are easy enough to find they can be a PITA
            96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Leak tested and holding 20psi

Popped the dizzy cap off

Aligned on cam

Aligned on flywheel

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Hmm

I'll take a look at mine in the morning, see how that compares, I have to confess when I did the cambelt I used the mark on the damper and a long blunt screw driver down number as opposed to the window on the bell housing.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• That would be great Kit.

I just moved the timing 1 tooth, and now it does not start, so going to put it back to how it was, as it ran and drove.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Timing back to as before, and she fires right up.

Worth popping the intake manifold off to confirm the dizzy? If so do I align it with the front cam gear or the flywheel? I am thinking flywheel as that is the other sensor?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Yes dizzy and flywheel.

Ignore the cam, not sure what's happening there unless one of the pulley keyways is a little bent, better keep an eye on it. You definitely rolled forwards onto the marks?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Thanks John.

Tweaked the dizzy a bawhair (what a PITA to get a spanner in there without removing anything) and took her for a run, pulled hard, some slight/occasional hesitation (but nothing like before), until I mashed it, hit 25psi and "pop" blew an intercooler hose off. Unplugged the MAF to limp home. So probably best to strip the intake, clean the joints with disc brake cleaner, and re tighten.

Will try and get new plugs tomorrow

Yup that was turning the wheels forward onto the marks. (the flywheel mark is very viewing angle orientated, so that could be it?)

Its amazing how a couple of seconds of it working half properly take you from borderline hatred to love again

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• haha, I am having a love hate with mine at the moment too.. sounds like you are almost done
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            haha, I am having a love hate with mine at the moment too.. sounds like you are almost done
                            What are you battling now?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I just want it done now
                              Hopefully new vac servo arriving tomorrow then I can get it MOT'd on Mon/Tues
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I know that feeling.

Its awful having to take stuff out you just fitted. Good luck with the MOT.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X