3b s2 coupe resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure it will be OK, you're sub arctic up there anyway

Yeah servo pressure sensor is on the underside of the servo, behind the master cylinder.
    Bleed screw is by the fluid line into the slave cylinder
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Does this look correct? If so just let me know and we can meet up. Part number on it is 893-121-055B
      Attached Files
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Must be finishing touches now Andy? Intending to still use the rear wiper jungle juice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Yeah servo pressure sensor is on the underside of the servo, behind the master cylinder.
          Spot on, I would have never found them if I did not know they were there, thanks

Lost a bit of skin getting my hand in their, no future as a gynaecologist for me
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
            Does this look correct? If so just let me know and we can meet up. Part number on it is 893-121-055B

I think looks like it, its to go from thermostat housing to the radiator

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
              Must be finishing touches now Andy? Intending to still use the rear wiper jungle juice?
              Hopefully almost there, laughing gas is out for now, probably need to refit it when Martin fits his new turbo

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• My two mystery plugs were for the gearbox sensors, and I found the dizzy plug down the back of the head so all connected now

Refitted the NSR wheel arch liner and bumper bracket.

Had a look at the rear calipers and the NS handbrake cable is seized solid

Got a new flange from Alex

3mm spacers

OS clearance

NS-fouls

6mm of spacers on the NS and it just clears

Possibly the ball joint and strut-bearing housing adjustment?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Other consideration is KU 31 Ecsta spt

205/55/16 ÂŁ62
                  225/50/16 ÂŁ82

225/45/17 ÂŁ79
                  255/40/17 ÂŁ105

I presume 225s will feel a lot sharper than 255s on an 8j rim?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Great to see your car coming together, your at a similar stage to where I was this time last year, all the little fiddly job's.

The Kuhmo's are an excellent tyre and yes a 225 on an 8J should feel a good deal sharper than the 255's which really are too wide for a Coupe. After much mucking about I've settled on 225/45 Toyo T1R's on the 7.5J Compo's and 215/45 R1R's on my light weight 7J rims, really happy with both. Demontweeks/JJC are both knocking out the 225/45 Toyo T1R's for ÂŁ238 a set four delivered.

I should have mentioned I have one of those eBay Nissen's rad's still in it's box, picked it up last year then decided against fitting it as compared to a Berh it seemed a bit flimsy, that said it should do the job fine without an aircon rad in the way.

I'll have a bottom hose you can have soon as I'm going silicon on mine, got a Roose one coming and have acquired a bargain full Samco set in black for the rest.
                    Last edited by K Simmonds; 9 July 2014, 08:48.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Andy you can get a bit more clearance by loosening the strut to hub bolts and readjusting the alignment of the hub in relation to the strut.
                      Wide tyres do compromise the amount of camber you can run. I am maxed out at -1.75°

MK2 TTs run 255s, similar weight car so I wouldn't say they are too wide. If anything they make the steering better
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Good to see it all coming together. Hose is yours if you need it, i fitted Roose hoses not long ago so i have no need for it.
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Cheers for the input Kit, dont worry about the rad. Are you meaning 255s are too wide in terms of space avaliable?

I would just like lots of mechanical grip, and then get the suspension the best it can be (realistic budget).

Alex; I have tried the strut-hub carrier, and it still just skiffs the tyre.

10mm spacers? (narrowest hubcentric) I think they might end up outside the arch though.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                            Good to see it all coming together. Hose is yours if you need it, i fitted Roose hoses not long ago so i have no need for it.
                            Cool, I will drop you a PM.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Tonights fun;

Clutch bled, fluid all down the side of the gearbox etc (chief pedal operater was dragged out in her dressing gown to assist )

NSR light on

Test fit exhaust

To do

Earth block (currently only have an earth strap to the IM)
                              Exhaust clamp/bolts
                              Exhaust hangers
                              Wheel bolts (robbed to replace various locking ones)
                              Handbrake cables
                              Battery earth
                              Battery tray (need to buy box/angle)
                              Sort wheels (or fit 16s for MOT)

Try and start as soon as the ECU arrives

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                                Cheers for the input Kit, dont worry about the rad. Are you meaning 255s are too wide in terms of space avaliable?

I would just like lots of mechanical grip, and then get the suspension the best it can be (realistic budget).

Alex; I have tried the strut-hub carrier, and it still just skiffs the tyre.

10mm spacers? (narrowest hubcentric) I think they might end up outside the arch though.
                                Yeah 255's are just that bit wide IMO to fit on Coupe, Alex makes a good point about the TT being a similar weight however it's suspension and body work was designed to accommodate this size, whereas Audi weren't really expecting anything wider than a 225 on an S2.
                                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X