My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

While working on my coupe, my eye kept drifting to the S2 Avant due to the lovely examples shown on the forums. Being in no rush I put out the feelers looking for one last year. Yesterday brought me the news of this car and today I picked it up. It's a 1995 LZ5T S2 Avant, 96k miles with FSH. sans AirCon, with sunroof. Recaro interior.

Replacement wing provided.

Mechanically it's very solid. Pulls well, bit of brake work needed. Cosmetically its actually in poor shape.

Strictly speaking, It needs:

Tailgate, Front bumper (has a bad crease near driver side wheel)
    Both drivers side doors need work. Bottom door trims all round.
    Drivers door trim has been rivited on, hoping not too much rusting occured.
    Dent under rear left indicator.

Before too much work commences, I hope to get it registered and VRT'd . A little bit of paper work to sort out and then we should see things moving.
    Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:56.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Guess whos been bitten by the quattro bug

Good luck with the project, and the never ending battle to keep them all going at the same time. Something i have never managed to do, there is always one of them parked up in need of work.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

With a bit of spit and polish she'll be looking grand. Got to love those seats!

Comment

I think I would also like a slipperwagon...
        Nice project there
        Shane

Comment

Great seats
          photobucket SUCKS
          sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,
            IrishS2 bought the car from me. I bought it in december with an S2 saloon project in mind, but after getting it home started to think it might be too good to break.
            A recent "kick in the ****" meant I wouldn't be doing anything with the car in the near future. Im delighted that its gone to a fellow audi nut who will give it the tlc it deserves. Thanks again Eric and a pleasure dealing with you. Best of luck with the car.

Cheers,
            John.

Comment

Youve got the best colour!
              Is it a uk registered car? if so, please pm me the reg and I will see if its on the avant register

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, dest, I think so too PM Sent.

This is where I plan to take it as mechanically I think it is worth it:

The more I see that colour the more I love it. I was told of the bodywork issues before seeing it in person and gave me ideas to paint it brill. black but it is staying that colour.

And thanks again John for answering my plea I have great plans ha! Also will have to touch base again with you regarding paper work etc ,but no panic.
                Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 16:57.
                Eric

Comment

That pic of my old one is really starting to get to me....

its the best colour no question, and I would kill for a set of S8's again

Comment

Sorry dest, but if that pics getting to you, do you really need to know that it was your car that finally made me buy one! lol
                    (post on passionford)

AL

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                      Youve got the best colour!
                      Is it a uk registered car? if so, please pm me the reg and I will see if its on the avant register
                      You've got the reg/pic on your register already

Originally posted by dest View Post
                      That pic of my old one is really starting to get to me....

its the best colour no question, and I would kill for a set of S8's again
                      Well the shell's still around and not doing much. And yup s8's mk1's rock, can't wait for mine.

Glad someone saved this car, i've got a load of pictures of it that I got shown when I first heard it might be for sale.

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

Fair play that has to be the most rusty front wing Ive ever seen wow! When replacing if you buy new beware of the fact the Avant wings come with no indicator holes in which is a real PITA! I did both wings and didnt bother with side repeaters, have just left wiring available so I can add some temporary stick on ones if they spot it on MOT! Nice colour buy the way! Good luck with it, looks like you got a nice set of seats with it too

Comment

Shamefully its been so long since I got this car, and nothing has been done, apart from buying bits and pieces for it over time
                          Over the last 3 weeks I have started tackling it and today starts the major stripdown of the car.

This is how it looked this morning. Not pretty.

Front off

Air and water hoses off. There is massive play on the turbo shaft, more than likely the source of my oil burning.

All 5 plugs were like this.

Compression test revealed all 5 cylinders to be the same.

This is kinda worrying. Looks like sand or corrosion dust on the inside or the intercooler.

These oil leaks will be dealt with during engine rebuild.

Will also need to replace this.

Before it was removed.

Only had one stubborn bolt

All for corners pretty much look like this, I really hate salt.

Tomorrow should see the front subframe and suspension come off.
                          Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 16:06.
                          Eric

Comment

Wow! Intense! I plan on doing my shocks and subframes and poly mount it all next year. The bay and all the covers in yours look like they have seen better days. Good luck mate!

Comment

Only the oil cooler shroud looks to be a total write off, good luck.
                              Shane

Comment

Working...
                              X