No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea, it was coated this morning but they're blasting it again today. looked so nice...i was in 2 minds whether to just keep it but i've already got the por15 paints
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Those parts look lovely....
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Here's my subframe and wishbones (pre-painting)

Couple of small holes i found in the subframe so put a quick weld on them.

I put 3 1inch welds down either side of the wishbones, should do i think!

I've done 2 coats of POR15 undercoat today and will put the top coat on tomorrow. Looks good!

Comment

• Well I've had a productive day!!

Subframe and rear wishbones have been painted. 2 coats of under and 1 top coat, possibly going to do another top coat

and I've also bent 3 new fuel lines, complete from the tank outlet to the ends at the engine bay.

Just got to do a new fitted pipe for the fuel filter to hard line section and all will be new! was quite an enjoyable job! But the **** bit of getting them looking amazing on the car is still to go!

Comment

• If you have a whiteline rarb (I think I remember you getting one) my suggestion is give it a protective coat of laquer or something as the finish they do is absolutely rubbish, it peals off in no time.

Looks like your rivalling me for having bits to fit to the car

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              If you have a whiteline rarb (I think I remember you getting one) my suggestion is give it a protective coat of laquer or something as the finish they do is absolutely rubbish, it peals off in no time.

Looks like your rivalling me for having bits to fit to the car
              I've already seen your advice on that and taken it had it blasted and powder coated! looks better in red anyway!

Im certainly starting to build a big pile of bits to fit that look amazingly new...or are actually new! Just a few things holding me up like shock service and funds...but there is lots and lots of cleaning to get done before anything gets fitted back to the car!

Comment

• Yeah i'm making good progress with mine, funds being a pita. Got the kw's fitted today

Comment

• I've been enjoying the progress this week!

For my birthday today...I gave myself 7 hours of work and a nicely painted engine block (well, the sides for now!)

currently only on 2 coats of POR15 and a high temp enamel coat to go. Still not happy with the shinyness of the head...more polishing to go!

Comment

• did you buy any marine clean dude? that will get the head sparking...
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• not yet, its on the shopping list that's about 15.6 ^2 mile long list. need to sit down and prioritise and start to get things back together. Im quickly running out of space to store stuff

Comment

• if you've got any cleaning to do get it to the top of your list mate, it kicks the **** out of any other cleaner you can buy IME
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I'm sat here dreaming....Ideal finished (if it can ever be finished) will be in nogaro blue, some gun metal grey alloys and possibly carbon bonnet dare i say?! even thinking i could paint it myself lol

Comment

• Finished painting the engine...looks beautiful! Pics tomorrow when its dry properly!

Started cleaning up the engine bay aswell and im quickly finding out im very **** at how clean it has to be! its going to be a loooooooong job!

also...i've had the "errrrr where does this go again?" moment! im sure there are going to be plenty of these...

Comment

• Lots of cleaning been done over the weekend....if only i cleaned the rest of the house this much

The power steering fluid is taking some budging but i'm winning the battle! Few brackets etc been painted and just tidying everything up! Tried the samco hose too...

Also, here's the latest on the engine! Painted and all shiny! All the mounts, oil filter housing etc all painted too. Just the front to tackle!

Progress...I like!!

Comment

• Dude your engine bay will end up cleaner than the outside of my car at this rate!
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X