No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stiffer than OEM, cheaper and easier to fit than stock mount. Thats about it... oh and its purple if that makes it any better?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
      I could be interested. I have oem to go in, what are the advantages with powerflex?

Not sure in the cost of polishing, shouldn't be too bad. I'll let you know when I do!
      just wondering as its not to bad to do on your own.

Comment

• update for the night...im revising hard honest!!

firstly...i should probably tidy up!

Fuel lines and steering rack in (provisionally) The black stuff on the copper lines is Raychem heat shrink, near enough everything proof and used in the areas when a little contact between the lines is hard to avoid.

Here's the new fuel filter line, new M10 banjo and bolt, 8mm cotton-braided fuel line. The other end will go over the flared end of the copper pipe. I think i'll put some heat shrink over it as well to improve its life!

LASTLY! what is the black and yellow valve in the middle? Has vacuum lines going into it. I broke one outlet on it and there for need a new one!

1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• think that's the moisture trap for the boost line to the ECU?

Looks like its coming together well there mate.
          I recommend pulling the box out and bolting it up to the engine and fitting them in the car as one unit, makes life loads easier - roll the whole lot into position under the car, then just lift it up, bolt up the engine mounts and the subframe - takes about 10 minutes
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• It was still holding pressure when i pulled the line off if thats any clue?

Thats what i had planned, just reverse of how it came out! Currently the box is sat on a bit of chipboard with casters on haha needs to have a good clean before i even thing about bolts to put it back in!

Think i have most parts i need to get it all back in, just waiting on engine mount decisions.

Comment

• Black and yellow thing is a one way valve for the carbon can I think.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• just looked at the routing for its pipes.

1) Rear pipe goes into front left wing - cant see whats behind
                2) Pipe going down goes into the bulkhead
                3) Pipe coming straight out (part i snapped) will go to a) inlet manifold b) tube going into main loom trunk

any help?!?!

Comment

• Yeah, one way valve for carbon can ( vac reservoir behind front wing ) pipe going down goes to below rear seat for diff lock vacuum.

I think I have one spare as I deleted my carbon can, will have a look for you mate.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                    Yeah, one way valve for carbon can ( vac reservoir behind front wing ) pipe going down goes to below rear seat for diff lock vacuum.

I think I have one spare as I deleted my carbon can, will have a look for you mate.
                    amazing, thanks so much! This forum really is amazing! one day i might get to buy you all a beer, just need the car on the road first!

Comment

• S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• BTW on the rack, the cap heads go in the wheel arch and the nuts go inside the car

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                          BTW on the rack, the cap heads go in the wheel arch and the nuts go inside the car
                          How much do you want for the valve??

You have a keen eye! Just stuck it in any ol'way to see if fuel lines clear, its all coming off again in the morning lol

Comment

• I've been doing my part for the environment and having a little fun with a Butane Gas Torch...Mwhahahahaha You definitely wouldn't find this in a Haynes Manual...but you do in the S2Forum

Comment

• For reference a 35mm hole saw does a lovely job of loosening the bushes enough to hammer them out too...
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
                                How much do you want for the valve??

You have a keen eye! Just stuck it in any ol'way to see if fuel lines clear, its all coming off again in the morning lol
                                The valve is your's matey, just PM me your details and I'll stick it in the post. You are still running the carbon can then?

Re direction of bolts.. Er, yeah, bit of a trainspotter eh? Just recently had my rack out too though and with an extension through the wheelarch and a ring spanner inside you can fit it on your own.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X