No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news...Future S2 budget has been secured! I have a job back at Mercedes High Performance engines in September!!!!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Nice one
      1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
      A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
        Good news...Future S2 budget has been secured! I have a job back at Mercedes High Performance engines in September!!!!
        Nice work Will, I tried there for a placement but got no where. Still looking

Comment

• I have all my parts back from Redditch Shot Blasters, it all looks like new Couldn't be any happier with their work and wouldnt hesitate to recommend them!

I'll post some pictures up tonight, back to uni work for now....

Comment

• Go on, post them up. Make me really jealous. My suspension and running gear is pretty rusty...

I have come to the conclusion I haven't got the time or space to do mine properly. I will be stopping at painting the calipers and heat shield, replacing the front subframe and replacing all the bushes.

Respect your level of commitment.

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• I echo Steve's comments - Big Respect for all the hard work your putting in.

Shame about the Wings on the car - are you thinking of a different colour for respray or are you keeping it original?
              4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
              1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
              2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

• Cheers! It'll be worth the hard work!

It is a shame about the wings, but if that's the worst I find I'm happy! Toying with the idea of making some carbon wings....

As for colour, think ill keep it the same, think the purple looks really good! Only other colour id consider is the dark blue I think.

Comment

• Carbon wings sounds like big bucks ---- have you though of fibre glass wings - there's some on ebay
                  4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
                  1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
                  2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 EDS View Post
                    Carbon wings sounds like big bucks ---- have you though of fibre glass wings - there's some on ebay
                    I dont think it would be too bad, our sponsor at uni gives us pretty good discount on carbon sheets. Make a mould off the wings I have, lay-up, vac bag...sorted! Would be fun trying anyway lol.

I havent seen the glass fibre ones, i'll take a look. wings from Audi are getting expensive.

Comment

• here are the pics for you all! didnt get everything out the box...there is a lot of stuff! its like christmas moment like this get me very excited

Wishbones and subframe is just blasted. Wishbones will be seam welded and then all painted with por15

front look perfect but rears are a little pitted. they were much more rusty to start with.

on another note, I ordered a few brass brush fittings for my dremel to help clean up all the bits im not blasting and powder coating. Im very happy with the littly trial i did!

Comment

The hub face should not be powder coated, you risk out of balance wheels when fitted.
                        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                          The hub face should not be powder coated, you risk out of balance wheels when fitted.
                          yea, i know. minor annoyance. easily taken back to metal

Comment

• Nice one Will,

I spoke to Redditch Shot Blasting yesterday regarding my rear sub frame, rear wishbones and rear anti roll bar. Looks like they've done a really good job on your stuff.

Comment

• Yea, the guy said you'd been on the phone! very happy for the work!

i couldnt be any happier. Although they did make a mistake and actually paint my wishbones and subframe when all i asked for was blasted...they looked really good too but i want to seam weld and por15 them

Comment

• So your sub frame is powder coated at the moment?

I think I am going to go for powder coated. I know POR-15 is fantastic stuff and better for chassis components but for the time and convenience I am going to go for powder coat. It's not like it's gonna be crap, a heck of a lot better than the subframe is at the moment anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X