No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

common problem with the wings - when you get the new ones paint the backs with POR15 and then spray them with underseal, also use stainless bolts to refix them bumper, you won't have that problem again

To be fair no two dampers are exactly the same, so adjusting them the same doesn't gaurantee the same damping characteristics.... worth getting them tested and set up the same while they're off
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

45 minutes...One subframe bush out haha. Going to the farm to burn them out tomorrow instead, will be easier!

i know how you all like pictures! so here are some i just took!

opps...

1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

oh yea, and got an engine crane and load leveller!

Comment

On of my favorite colours that is lovely, you will have to go to the robin hood one week to talk all things audi,,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
            On of my favorite colours that is lovely, you will have to go to the robin hood one week to talk all things audi,,lol.
            i will!! when was it again? last thursday of every month? I'll pop up in the 80, the s2 wont be rolling for some time yet!

Comment

Yeah lol.

Comment

ill try to be there this thursday then!

Comment

burned the subframe bushes out...very entertaining! plenty of petrol was used

Comment

lots and lots of bits off to the sand blasters - first batch anyway!

FARB
                    RARB
                    Rear Wishbones
                    Rear Subframes
                    4 x hubs
                    4 x stub axles
                    4 x shock houses
                    4 x springs
                    front brake carriers
                    spring top cap thingys...

will look like new!

in the mean time...engine out, rack service, new fuel lines....list goes on!

Comment

Weekend update!

Been stripping away the engine bay ready for engine removal planned for next weekend. Hopefully i can get it re-wired after...there's a lot of connectors!

Looks like water has been leaking out by the electric pump somewhere, pools of water in the block recesses. All of the hoses connectors seem to be rather white underneath the hoses so doesn't surprise me its been leaking. not found anything directly that could cause a leak though. just praying its not the block!

Here's some pics of it now along with some others i'd forgotten to put up before!

the instigator of the whole engine removal...split steering rack gator!

Comment

job added to the list...

new injector and coil loom!

Comment

A lot of work in front of you boy but surely the car is worth it.
                          Good luck.
                          Competition quattro & AMB engines

Comment

Originally posted by Słonik View Post
                            A lot of work in front of you boy but surely the car is worth it.
                            Good luck.
                            yes...LOTS of work! i cant wait for the day it will roll down the drive and i can go for a drive! its my pide and joy

Comment

just been sitting in the garage looking at it all and its just dawned on me.....maaaaaaan I've got a lot to do and alot of money to spend! Hopefully i get the job i want!!

even my dad was saying, just get it rolling and take it to the paint shop...i dont need encouraging to spend money on it lol

On another note, does anyone have a crank locking tool they don't mind lending out?

Comment

put the fifth gear in and let somebody step on the brakes as you remove the bolt, its easy if you dont have the crank locking tool

Comment

Working...
                                X