Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so are you going to be using the sway bar "drop links" going upwards instead?
    BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
    DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• Yeah so it will end up kind of like a ngtc set up
      Chef

Comment

• James, I should remember but I dont..... Whats space like in your boot? For the WRC cars ARB goes over boot floor with bearings and weld in housings in rear arches... Raises some weight but the effect on CoG is minimal. clears space under car too. Can look at simple housings and a cross bar.
        Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
        1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Puglife View Post
          James, I should remember but I dont..... Whats space like in your boot? For the WRC cars ARB goes over boot floor with bearings and weld in housings in rear arches... Raises some weight but the effect on CoG is minimal. clears space under car too. Can look at simple housings and a cross bar.
          I think thats the plan chief. I'll get some bearings to suit the bar and you can come up with some fancy bracket that will cost me a arm and a leg.

On a plus note, I can finally use the car again as my parts have arived back from Zircotech only 22 days late mind you and costing me a evening track day at £150 and lucky enough i sold my space at Snett.

Got to be honest if i knew it was going to take so long i would have not bothered but i thought i had the time as i had alittle fabrication work to do. And my Dash was away being repaired.

Here is the end results

Chef

Comment

• [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/terrybullwon/FE09E2B3-27B9-414B-9259-0A8****43D00_zpseq4loogu.jpg[/IMG]
            Last edited by terrybullwon; 17 August 2014, 22:08.
            Chef

Comment

• this one?

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/terrybullwon/FE09E2B3-27B9-414B-9259-0A8****43D00_zpsexghtegg.jpg[/IMG]

think the swear filters picking up something?

Comment

• Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                I think thats the plan chief. I'll get some bearings to suit the bar and you can come up with some fancy bracket that will cost me a arm and a leg.

On a plus note, I can finally use the car again as my parts have arived back from Zircotech only 22 days late mind you and costing me a evening track day at £150 and lucky enough i sold my space at Snett.

Got to be honest if i knew it was going to take so long i would have not bothered but i thought i had the time as i had alittle fabrication work to do. And my Dash was away being repaired.
                Belting stuff

Next time you need some development work use the term "budget" in your subject heading and I'll remove Motorsport Tax Seriously though I have some housings predesigned for specific bearings so can R&D some of those and keep costs down. Message me your ARB bar diameter(s) and what end style you need. I have some weld in end bosses designed for the WRC and GT square end type already.

Comment

• This looks phonominal! I hope one day you might fancy testing it out at anglesey circuit, would love to see it go round the multiple corners and corkscrew there!
                  96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                  96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• If you fancy a trackday at Anglesey chef (small drive), got a place we can stay thats 15mins from Circuit next to RAF Valley. PS. Designed the brackets for ARB setup just need your desired bearing sizes to amend model. Overcome the Blade fitment issue too... Well once FEA says I'm not losing the plot.

Comment

• Would also love to see this at Anglesey circuit as I live 2 mins away

Comment

• Last edited by terrybullwon; 8 September 2014, 19:35.
                        Chef

Comment

• chef, pic appears to have been deleted
                          BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
                          DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• Chef

Comment

• They contained the word S.e.x in the hyper link so the forum shat its shelf.

Had a track day at combe which was a full day but i only managed to turn up 1.30 minutes to the end. The guys let me straight on, scruiting noised tested the car and no one can seem to get it stay at 4k for a test so i got away with 104 at something like 7k

Had a over heating problem over 100 mph. So i have changed over to a larger capacity water pump, larger water lines and made some air scoops for the side windows as it seems the air is passing over the ducts at higher speeds.

I ended up saving 10kg in removing the braided lines i was using.

Moulds

Plugs

Carbon fibre end product

New calipers, serious ****

And some AP toys for my air jacks

Chef

Comment

Working...
                              X