No announcement yet.

My Treser Ur Quattro Restoration Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool project btw John, I quite like the front bumper thats on it as well.

Its screaming out for a ABY and a 3071 though

Comment

Dipping would turn it into a VERY BIG JOB which is a bit daunting, I'd need a garage for that... Will think about it though and we'll see what it looks like when we've got it over at K Spray

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

We sent a volvo off to be dipped and it came back looking like a teabag, We had such a laugh when the owner turned up..
        Told to remove my signature

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Dipping would turn it into a VERY BIG JOB which is a bit daunting, I'd need a garage for that... Will think about it though and we'll see what it looks like when we've got it over at K Spray
          IMHO its the only real way to tackle proper rot, as it takes care of the areas you can't see or get at with conventional tools, of course as above you can end up with less car than you started with depends how far the tin worm has eaten. but you will need to remove this anyway
          Its a big job but with a UR I think you would add the value to the car so worth it.
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Tbh unless your going to rebuild the whole car with new or refurbed parts the fact it's been dipped and e coated wouldn't have a huge effect on the resale value, it would help but it would definitely be a shame to go that far with the shell and not compliment it with all the other mint bits

I'd imagine the car would also cost a lot more to restore to that standard than it would actually be worth to sell! Always the way unless it has some historical significance.

Oh and lol @ the tea bag comment, i bet a few people have ended up with similar shells once dipped lol

Comment

respect & good luck with the project John
              will be worth it in the end
              sigpic
              Cab 2.3E
              90q
              URS6

Comment

When was that? I did wonder if they'd bodged the fuel lines when changing the metering head.. I think it was probably a turbo oil line that let go though, hard to say. The guy driving it at the time was not insured to do so and therefore no claim was made.
                My fire was about 8 years ago. I suspected the fuel pressure regulator as I was on my third one after the previous 2 developed leaks. I thought the modified fuel system was perhaps the cause. Thankfully I was insured and wouldnt let them right it off so cut a money deal and ketp the car. Great excuse to go efi. Every cloud...

The only Treser item left is the steering wheel though, which i think improves the steering feel no end.

Comment

via quattroforum I found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Au...#ht_500wt_1204

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                    Thanks Bram, useful but from a red car so won't fit.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bram, useful but from a red car so won't fit.
                      Even this part can be painted white. Welding will be more difficult I am afraid

Comment

Picked up a roof from Swindon last night and dropped it off at K Spray today along with the 2 A pillar sections. I really wish I'd taken a pic of the coupe with a ur roof on the roofrack lol but I forgot. People were pointing and laughing, it did look funny, a car with 2 roofs (or should that be rooves? )
                        It was quite funny on the M4 on the way home last night too, less noisy at speed than you would think, I reckon it was smoothing the air flow over the top of the car, a kind of full roof spoiler.....

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

That will be a hell of a job to replace your roof. Bet it was funny to see that go down the road.
                          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                          High Octane website

Comment

Newsh,

I know the car has sentimental value, but restoring it does not make sense at all from a financial point of view.

If it was me, I'd cut my losses and remember the car for what it was and the fun times you had and move it on. Doing the car up fully or superficially, it will be severe fianacial and time drain.

Concentrate on the B5.

Not what you what to hear maybe, but good sound advice nonetheless, even if it is at odds with the some of the rose tinted on here, who don't or can't see it as the black hole that it is.

Can't stay quiet, when I see you about to go over the financial cliff.

The taste police will be after you for first degree if you fit any of those front bumpers compared to the lovely oem factory one. Gaze at a good photo of a good condition factory red oem ur to ground yourself.

Others are free to flame me.

Comment

That's a bit disheartening above.. I'm sure you can restore it a bit at a time?! Nevertheless Follow your heart mate. Do what you think Is best! I was at dialynx today they had about 5 of these there and wow.. A very very nice car!
                              ''I'm 999 thou' short of a mill!''

Comment

http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quat...ck-museum.html

This will only give you false hope, don't look at it.

http://2bennett.com/body_audi_restorations.html

Comment

Working...
                                X