Clear All

• Nice shift light.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
      Hy! The front section i have replaced is from your UrS4 5speed box. So we will so how it will hold. The event is on circuit Zandvoort. Starting around 15:00
      It will get some use then that's for sure. Do you prefer a 6 over a 5 speed for dragracing?

Comment

• At V6quattro, what cars/models/codes are the gearboxes from that you are breaking ?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst View Post
          Intresteing to see that you have gearbox problems.
          I have about the same hp and have been running 01E DQT gearbox (2.5tdi v6) for the past 4 years without problems.
          I have abused the gearbox quite a lot.

Lets hope this gearbox life will be longer.
          Let us know how the following weekend event goes. My first event is on 2 may and my hands are itching. That rush when you are behind the tree is awesome.
          Intresting to see you use a diesel gearbox. What ratio's does it have? Do you think the car is faster using a diesel box?

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
          Nice shift light.
          Thanks! Its a little brighter than i would like. Specially when its dark outside

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
          It will get some use then that's for sure. Do you prefer a 6 over a 5 speed for dragracing?
          I heard the 5speed ratios are better than the 6 speed but i have special synchromesh rings in the 6 speed and i did not have the time to put them in the 5 speed. So its only the 6 speed for now.

Originally posted by macspring View Post
          At V6quattro, what cars/models/codes are the gearboxes from that you are breaking ?

Just curious.

Thanks.

The 2 blown boxes are DSY 6-speed from a S4 B5. Thy fail't on the front diff.
          1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• The car is not faster with diesel box. First three gear ratios are the same as gasoline engine box. It is just that RS2/UrS4/UrS6/S4 B5/RS4 B5 gearboxes (01E) have had for now almost 20 years of beating, so diesel box are usually in better shape. You can use A4 B5 and A6 C5 2.5tdi v6 gearbox and there are ton of them awailable in junkyards for little money. Diesel gearboxes have wide and flexible 1st gear that should be stronger.
            01E gearbox ratios
            Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
            10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
            FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

• Just a litle offtopic,on a6 2,5tdi c4 quattro will work gearbox from a6 c5 2,5 tdi quattro ? They are same?
              Sorry again for offtopic

Comment

• C4 has a 4.11 final drive, I believe the c5 and b5 era boxes are 3.89 or other final drive so you need a matching rear diff or final drive swap.
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• incrrect. Alot C5/b5 boxes have same 4.11 final. I am using S8 d2 - it has 4.11 final and was a direct fit.
                  BLOG: http://quattro10vt.wordpress.com/

Comment

• That's not diesel box though is it Takumi...
                    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• sorry - had a matrix with gearbox codes and final drives...sure there was some diesel C5s with 4.11 ... will check it.
                      BLOG: http://quattro10vt.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Just a update from last Sunday. The time measuring was worthless, there were to many cars and the track was to short to safely brake the car and the track was very slippery. I almost hit the tights at the first launch so i turned the launch control down a lot. However it was a great day! As i said the time measuring was **** so i have only one time @ 11.4 1/4mile 2.16 60Ft . At a other track i already did a 1.7 60Ft so may be a 10sec run is possible next time.

Comment

• If the track was slightly longer you would smoke this thing.

Comment

• Had a nice day with the Dutch audi sport club! They have some nice cars!

Comment

• Great vid, the avant looks and sounds fantastic. Did you get to the bottom of the steering issue with the EPAS?
                              Some awesome cars there by the look of it. Was that Evert who came flying past you?
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yes that was Evert indeed. The avant sounds great Roy

Also loved Jan Los' SQ and S1 replica, very nice builds.

Comment

Working...
                                X