No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe quattro 16vT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is how the car looked after the race. In the second photo you can see how much the wheel was bent(steeringwheel was sraight). In the hit in which the damper was killed the hub payed the price as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW Great job!!

Now only put an "ST" on your Life!!

leave the Crush! and take the ScraTch

PS: only 4 cyl they said
      bad times they said
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

UPGRADE . We've installed two wilwood brake pumps(or master cilynders not sure what they're called in english) and brand new front brake disks(again 312mm) which I saddly havent got a photo of. The work on the damaged parts of the body is done and they will be resprayed in the coming few days. The next race is this weekend(15-16.06.2013) so we are working hard. Again suspension "transplants" - bilstein in the front weitech in the back.
        Attached Files

Comment

The car is 100% ready for this weekend's race .
          Attached Files

Comment

similar damage to my s2 but mine was shunted in the side. I had a dampr bent like that. also the strut was bent too in my case but hub survived. think I was hit that quick that the damage spread differently. I had split wheel ripped tyre, no accel pedal ripped out driver seat. ewtc etc

keep up the good work though.

Comment

This weekend's race ended with good results, third overal and third in our group. Saturday was good no issiues at all. Sunday started with a probem. First qualification round and the front left inner CV joint decided to end its life on this planet and the bearings sort of "exploded" . Luckily we had a spare and we changed it for a personal best of 8 minutes .After the A Final we got into the closed park when again the front left inner cv joint broke again. If there was one more lap we would have been doomed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a video from the A Final.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aA7RMIbjsU

Comment

Here is a video from last week's race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTA6L5cMTY . The weather was sh*tty we had knobly tyres but they werent all the same (they were two by two) so the handling wasn't at its best and we finished fifth overal and third in our class. At least there were no brakedowns only two days before the race the flywheel cracked and bits of it broke off . Luckyly we had a spare one, I'll upload pics of the flywheel later on.

Comment

Nice vids

Comment

Here are the pics of he broken flywheel, you can see the huge crack and the brokenoff peaces. BTW I just picked up brand new bilstein gas shocks for the rear. Nice huh .
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by montauto; 10 July 2013, 15:46.

Comment

OK.... A day of testing that went wrong. The next race for this season is this weekend, so today we were testing brakes and suspension setup. First time the car went out the rear left inner cv joint broke. We got the car back in the garage and changed it. The car went out again a few quick pulls and all of a sudden the engine died and blue smoke came out of the exhaust. Again back in the garage, everything smelled of petrol. We cheked the oil catch tank and it smelled of petrol, we removed the coils and the spark plugs out of the head and tried the starter. Fuel started jetting out off the head, it turned out that there was petrol in the cyllinders and the sump. It was an ECU problem that caused the injectors to let fuel in every time you tried starting the car in which case it filled the cyllinders with fuel and it choked the engine so we emedietly sent one of ours with the ecu its self to the shop of the guy who made and tuned it. Work will continue tomorrow.
                        Last edited by montauto; 11 July 2013, 20:44.

Comment

Everything is ready. The problem turned out to be a broken board inside the ecu.

Comment

Finally the most wanted first place!!!!! The whole weekend was perfect, there were no thechnical problems. In the qualifications we managed one first and two second times which qualified us for the front row of the A Final. The starting positions were 1st Audi S2 2nd Audi 90 Coupe(thats us) 3rd Subaru Impreza 4th Ford Sierra Cosworth 5th Subaru Legacy 6th Subaru Impreza. From the star everything was left far behind us(it sure is good starting from the front). During the race we were 6 seconds ahead of the rest, the S2 broke second and third gear so it fell behind. The Cossie was second but in the last lap it gave in to the Impreza that started from 3rd position.4th was the Legacy and the S2 finished after it. I'll upload some videos later on but for now here are some pics. http://quattro16v.snimka.bg/auto-rac...-lovech.764653

Comment

Here is the video from the final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oyBrPtZUMk

Comment

So the inevitable has happened...... We were practicing for the upcoming race which is in two weeks time, the car's tyres just warmed up and on a corne exit the car sort of snapped in a whip like move and hit a post. Now the body is useless and we quickly bought a b4 coupe v6 for a donor. Work starts today so we better get cracking
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X