No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe quattro 16vT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the car is going to get some suspension reforms so that we could ditch the wheel spacers and get more stabillity. When reviewing the turbocharger I noticed it was a goer so I got a new K27. The reason I went for a "new" one was that before the last race of the 2013 season I sent it for repairs(as we call it here recycling) and I wasn't sure how much it will last.

Comment

Some work getting done .

Comment

Nice bit of welding there, I bet a good few hours go into making one of those.

Good to see a CQ being used in competition
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Nice, what material are they made from?

Comment

congratulations on a good result last year

i rally a ur in uk , we came 1st in our class and 6th o/a in ACSMC championship last year. its a great feeling to beat the scoobys and evos in a quattro. i did a few rallycross meets a few years ago in a little vauxhall nova , great fun , but very ruth on the cars. i also have a 01e dogbox and broke 10 normal quattro boxs before , what seqentional shifter are you going for , is it sqs [maybe we can get a deal 1 each] regards ray. you could fit your alternator at back to run off rear propshaft flange frees up some bhp ,7kg off front end and more space also fit electric power steering pump from a mr2 , they are still hydrolic , mount pump at rear under seat floor extra 10kg off front end

Comment

SQS doesnt "make" the Audi 01E sequential shifter, they resell it.

SSS Drives makes it. and its a few dollars.... pounds..... euros, whatever you money is.

and if you are interested in one, i am building a new car (RWD instead of Quattro) and have one not very used i would sell for less than you can buy it for. and its for a dogbox, i dont think it is recomended for syncro trans's.

Last edited by speeding-g60; 24 February 2014, 03:08.

Comment

We quit on the sequential shifter for budget reasons, dogbox is still a million times better than the infinite TDI box - 01E DQT. The arms are made from the impact bars that can be found in the doors of mk3 vw golf . The first arm that was made was tested on a 20 ton press and it was fine so we think it will do well. These suggestions for the weight reduction aren't bad we might give them a try.

Comment

The second arm is also done and just picked up the flywheel today.

Comment

What's the weight of the flywheel now?

Comment

Exactly 4,017kg.

Comment

Comment

Ok right side is finished, work is starting on the left one. A new steering rack from an Audi 100 is going to be used the curent one has started to give up. Some changes will have to be made to the exhaust because with the new rack it will get in the way.

Comment

Work, work ,work.....

Suddenly decided I don't need a dash .

Comment

So work has been going on, 4 weeks till the first race of the season. Did some painting today and tomorrow assembling will start.

Also bought some new wheels, 18' 8j and for my surprise quite light for this size rims 10kg a piece.

Comment

Thing are going smoothly for now. Only the wiring and a few other small things left.
                                This is how the Audi 100 steering rack sits nicely in the bay .

Also got a new handbrake (don't mind the background, got a bit messy in the garage this week).

Comment

Working...
                                X