X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice build. You guys have built a strong car. Why did you guys chose 11.5 CR. To me it sounds crazy at those boost levels, even with 100% e85.

I think this was the highest horsepower setting, that I found in your thread. 457whp and 597nm at 1.8bar with 11,5CR and a fuel mix of 50% 100 octane(Shell) and 50% E85.

Edit: I like your on board video (last), and congrats for the first place.

And one question. If you guys were running k26 360hp, how did the AXM gearbox hold on?
      Last edited by sandman1111; 25 April 2016, 12:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandman1111 View Post
        Nice build. You guys have built a strong car. Why did you guys chose 11.5 CR. To me it sounds crazy at those boost levels, even with 100% e85.

I think this was the highest horsepower setting, that I found in your thread. 457whp and 597nm at 1.8bar with 11,5CR and a fuel mix of 50% 100 octane(Shell) and 50% E85.

Edit: I like your on board video (last), and congrats for the first place.

And one question. If you guys were running k26 360hp, how did the AXM gearbox hold on?
        This CR was chosen because the car had verry little power in the lower part of the rev range and we were planning to run it on methanol but regulations changed. Still we got a good boost in power in low revs and now with the restrictor the loss was minimal.
        As for the 01A boxes they all lasted about two or three heats of 4 laps each before third gear went bang but the fact that the rallycross tracks aren't that smooth might have not helped the situation.
        Here are some videos from the final shot by spectators, I'm having some trouble with the GoPro:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuMyo00Jc_A
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX8Hd1c3y_w

Comment

• That looks SERIOUSLY a lot faster than the other cars once on the straights...

Comment

• Results from round two: second place due to a split wheel on the last lap. Racing was really close through out the whole weekend. The car in first place(leading in the first photo) is a subaru justy with a front-mid mounted kawasaki zx-12r engine and a full custom drivetrain. Considering that this track was short and twisty the turbos had a hard time keeping up with the little "flee".
            Next race is on a faster track where we actually hold the fastest lap record, so we should do good.

Comment

• Looks like some formidable opponents on this round and a hard landing in the second photo.
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Third round is done and dusted! A trouble free weekend lead to our second win of the season ! There were no dramas for us only issue of the weekend was that there was a roll on the first corner(not us) and the final had to be restarted.
                The grid for the Final:

The Podium:

And some action photos:

First video is the onboard and the second is from the outside(it's a bit of a mix from qualy and the final):
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvAKqmmcWI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_vFeegBkh4

Comment

• Nice watching the drifting round. Do yo know the other coupe too?
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• There are three more coupe's in the championship all of which are five pots.
                    The yellow one is a claimed original S2, nothing too crazy gt3076, stock brakes and a dogbox like ours.

The red one swapped AAN then stroked to 2.5, gtx30, sequential box and custom A arms.

The black one swapped AAN, not sure about the turbo, stock transmission and brakes. Yes its the same one seen in the previous post, guy just seems to run in to trouble, he is the one who rolled in the final.

Thats it basically could have forgotten something

Comment

• Big pause for the forum on my side . So season ended and I'm proud to say we won the national rallycross championship in the supercar division. Last few races weren't than succesfull but the results were good enough to secure the gap in the points. During the last race in qualy heat 3 there was a big bang leading to our premature finale. A rod popped out to congratulate the champ I guess. Joking aside the rod punched two holes on both sides of the block and as you can guess that meant new rods and pistons . The failure was due a cracked rod bolt, the colour difference on the slpit bolt was quite enough to solidify this conclusion. The engine was rebuilt did a new tune without the turbo restritor just for the kicks of it and we got 500whp and 640Nm which we were quite happy with. Should point out the engine has a slightly higher CR than last time about 12:1 with slightly customised JE pistons . Prep for the new season will begin the following week. Changes that are being disscused are moving the driving position further back and relocation of the radiator to the rear to improve the inherent bad balance of the Audi. The car actually weighs 1200kg and almost 800kg are on the front axle which gives for around 60/40 front rear weight split which is far from ideal. Here is some footage from the last few races:
                      https://youtu.be/CBrHtFHUg9A
                      https://youtu.be/FoCoQszDT3o

Last edited by montauto; 17 January 2017, 12:06.

Comment

Working...
                      X