No announcement yet.

Jsws3 UR Quattro money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propably no problem with 8krpm in short block... well, who had have problems, rise your hand... there is worse rod rations from factory on some setups.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
      what does your stroker Rev too des
      8k which is the same as the hydraulic tappet and oil pump limit.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Des, my friend and I have been running 8200rpm with stock lifters and pump gear. No problems. Also this monster runns 8600rpm with stock pump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAusxwFnFk8

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Ok good to know.

Comment

• Had 5 mins free today so decided to pop over to Brian's and paint my block as my cylinder head is no back in the uk from Jonus racing .

So the weekend I'll be dropping the crank and rods Pistons ect ect to be balanced so I can get on with the lump .
            And work commences on fitting the gearbox and S2 running gear it's going to be along weekend as I want to crack it out and start enjoying the mods .

Comment

• When's the completion date John, or is there no target? Either way it's looking well..
              Stuart
              B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

• Looking good mate
                When is the build-up?
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I don't think there is ever a completion date as you always find the next job that's needs sorting keep up the good work John awesome build

Comment

• Originally posted by kibby View Post
                    I don't think there is ever a completion date as you always find the next job that's needs sorting keep up the good work John awesome build
                    That question was directed towards the engine build/ install date.
                    Stuart
                    B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                      8k which is the same as the hydraulic tappet and oil pump limit.

What set-up is Audrius using? He was launching at 9600rpm at the weekend
                      sigpic
                      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• To be fair there is no date set or time scale really as soon as the bits are ready I'll start building with Brian .
                        The head is still with customs and I'm awaiting the cams lifters and turbo to be shipped from Jonus at the end of the week .
                        And just waiting on the rotating assembly to be balanced .

However I would like it in the car this year so I can run it in over Christmas ready for mapping in January ��

Comment

• jsws3

hi man, what cams you will use? i didn't find here this info

thnx
                          Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                          Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                          Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyform View Post
                            jsws3

hi man, what cams you will use? i didn't find here this info

thnx
                            Hi mate in the car is his custom early boost cams that brings the car onto full boost at 3800rpm @600hp and the set in just orderd are hi boost cams that will get me full boost at 4100rpm@around 800hp

Comment

• Very nice build , expensive build no doubt .
                              Jonus green Audi I've seen that a few times on YouTube lol . Looking forward to the updates .
                              Car looks fab it makes me want you be really bad .

Comment

• Busy weekend stripping the oils girl out ready for its s2 set up .
                                Encountered a couple of hick ups like the offset of the rear hubs being different due to machineing out them to take the front bearing and cv joints .
                                And the steering arms clashing with the down pips and the rear tie rods being a little to long for the s2/ur swop over but nothing that can't be over come.

It's on stock s2 rear brakes for now but will have a set of AP rear brakes and separate have brake calliper next year.

Cylinder head is back from Jonus now however I've not seen it yet as its at Brian's and my bottom end is being balanced this week so hopefully I can start building in the next couple of weeks 😄

And a big shout out to Audrus and Alex for advise and support 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Comment

Working...
                                X