Clear All

• Great shot!

Comment

• Mal
      Great article and mention of this Forum too:
      http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...tro-s1-replica
      Well done.
      Niall
      1984 Pearlwhite ur quattro (3B 20v power - 034EFI/RS2 modded)

Comment

• thanks could not of done the build without the help of this forum
        mal

Comment

• Cool

But does it actually weigh 1500 kg? Expected it to be much lighter really.

Comment

• yes unfortunately it does weigh 1500 but that is full of fuel etc, I do tend to get abit carried away with the bar work . the floor was replated in heavy plate where the join is and things like that
            mal

Comment

• Nice article, car looks well mate

Comment

• Great to see it being used properly as nature intended
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• thanks for the replies , prep is well underway for the upcoming WRC so I think the timing for the article may have been intended, hope I have a better run than last year having lost the engine with 3 stages to go
                  Question for you , the rear cross members how much difference do you think the different length rear toe arms make?? I am using the longer ones with the sway bar mounts but the new one I have suits the short arms..

Comment

• It affects dynamic toe / bump steer - TBH neither setup is ideal!
                    You want toe arms the same the length and in the same plane as the control arms, or sharing the same pivot points / joints, otherwise they follow a different arc and toe changes dynamically.
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• yep that's what I thought affects toe in toe out on bump, the points are different by app 25mm so big change
                      If you want to see more photos/videos etc. check out mal keough motorsport Facebook page

Comment

• so question do all the rear members that have sway bar mounts all have the longer toe arms ????

Comment

• Surely toe in on bump in a rally car is a good thing? Mines set up something like this although I suspect your dampers probably have 3x the amount of travel than mine so your arc maybe more.
                          Last edited by terrybullwon; 16 October 2016, 12:06.
                          Chef

Comment

• well the wrc starts with recce tomorrow so hopefully ill make it to the end of the event this year. It always seems to be your local event that you have all the dramas but that's rallying .If you wish to keep track of the cars try using the rally safe app it will gps the cars all weekend but it probably wont go live until Friday morning our time also check out mal keough motorsport on Facebook
                            thanks
                            mal

Comment

• Good luck Mal. I'll be out in the woods spectating.

Comment

• well I finally got a finish at the rally OZ . Had some probs on the way , we lost the slave on the clutch at the start of the third stage ,it over stroked as the rod was to short, some how the new clutch was a different height to the old one . Had to start it on the button for the rest of the day
                                2nd day we had the hose go on the boost control and it over boosted and blew the tip off number three plug and then blew the hose on intercooler , had to do the super special at the harbour with no boost and only four pots (no fun at all)
                                last day went well no real trouble but did have a heavy landing off a 6 gear jump

so my new wish list off bits if any one has links I need
                                high mount exhaust mani iam sick of trying to get turbo on and off with it so close to the rail , would need to be bullet proof suggestions ???
                                quick rack for steering as one I have is a bit sus after the landing
                                Didn't get to meet her it person but I got micelle mouton to sign my works wheels so very happy with that
                                thanks
                                mal

Comment

Working...
                                X