mal's ozzie S1E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by malncol View Post
    . ill wait untill i get full report before contacting 034 but if past repeats i can kiss another 1k away they really dont give a 8888 once you have made payment and after the amount that ive spent with 034 its dissapointing
    thanks
    mal
    Yes I had same problem, Javad never came up with a solution that was exceptable wrong parts, missing parts, Parts not fitting as they should ect, or not preforming as quoted

and off course the shipping and import duty's and returning items all at my cost

cannot recommend them
    RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Originally posted by butchone View Post
      mal i would first check that pas pump as i have had that problem with electric pumps sending 3 racks fully one way very hard too, (i know your is mechanical) All the racks i used where off my cars so i new were good, i swapped the pas pump and perfect. Just try a standard pump an plumbing 1st could save you a lot of grief
      when i had the problem occur i swapped quick rack fpr STD rack and it works perfect so i think its in the rack
      think iam going to need all the help i can get to keep up with this thing in gravel rally , quick rack would have been good
      As for 034 yes not holding much hope
      Who else does quick racks??
      thanks
      mal

Comment

• Originally posted by malncol View Post
        when i had the problem occur i swapped quick rack fpr STD rack and it works perfect so i think its in the rack
        think iam going to need all the help i can get to keep up with this thing in gravel rally , quick rack would have been good
        As for 034 yes not holding much hope
        Who else does quick racks??
        thanks
        mal
        yes looks like the rack then, the standard aby rack is pretty quick at 2.6 turns or ask alex error404 i think he did a thread on them.
        maybe you can have a word with your credit card company (if used) to resolve 034 faulty goods

Comment

• Too late for credit card stuff, I bought it early in the build
          Would we have got a Audi with a quickish rack here in Ozzie land
          Thanks
          Mal

Comment

• Hey,

Is the 034 quick rack just an s2 rack? (That is.. quicker than the non-S2 coupe racks they got in the US)?

Awesome progress on the project anyway

Comment

• My 034 quick rack is working really well. Apart from like Hamish said alittle stiff. Alas I am on a EPS and it sounds like you have some kind of hydraulic problem maybe to much pressure?
              Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                My 034 quick rack is working really well. Apart from like Hamish said alittle stiff. Alas I am on a EPS and it sounds like you have some kind of hydraulic problem maybe to much pressure?
                i dont know, it has me stumped if it was pressure i would have thought both racks would play up not just the quick one .When i swapped them out i changed nothing but the racks
                with only 10 days to the WRC dont think ill try the quick till after that
                thanks
                mal

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuFSx5G4CFY
                  no longer shiny as its been down a gravel road needs a gearbox bad
                  can anyone supply me with some links for a sequential shift for a 01E??
                  thanks
                  mal
                  Last edited by malncol; 16 September 2014, 13:36.

Comment

• some shots from first rally

Comment

• Looking good Mal!

Comment

• Awesome! I thought the first pics were from a group B rally from back in the days

Comment

• That looks superb out on the stages Mal! You must be a very happy man!

Comment

• Comment

• Awesome! Being used as nature intended!

BTW, did you get the rack sorted?
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• thanks everyone esspecialy you Glen yes its been a long long build but worth it just for the short drive i got at the rally
                                Iam yet to refit the rack as i ran out of time before the rally so will fit it up shortly.
                                My list on the beer fridge at the moment
                                1 fix the oil breather issue
                                2 fit 0.62 ex housing and change inlet cam timing and retune/ move power down revs
                                3 PAR gearset and sequential shift for box
                                It was a very good feeling to get so much possitive feedback at the pre rally show, even had the works drivers check it out and had a offer to buy it from one. But i need to get some enjoyment for all our hard work first.
                                thanks
                                mal

Comment

Working...
                                X