• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome

Comment

Awesome job its looking great!

Comment

Great attention to detail
        Will you be finishing with the works decals etc?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404
          Great attention to detail
          Will you be finishing with the works decals etc?
          yes ive been intouch with abshot signs and they do decal kits with all the right stickers. i know some people dont like replicas but how else do you see one of these being used as they should. mine too the untrained eye will look the part ,sound the part throw rocks and thats all that matters
          thanks
          mal
          Last edited by malncol; 26 September 2013, 12:46.

Comment

ah so your the chap that Brian sent that pallet of "goodies" to.....

what a awesome project.....I'll be keeping my eye on this bad boy....

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
              ah so your the chap that Brian sent that pallet of "goodies" to.....

what a awesome project.....I'll be keeping my eye on this bad boy....

Mike
              yep thats me. iam just going through brians stuff now to mod the rear knuckles to take front shafts etc
              its not easy being on this side of the globe, no parts etc but ill get there in the end

mal

Comment

so in regards to the drive shafts , ive measured the short shaft at compressed lenght of 578mm app
                so my question is if i add a spacer of 15mm it should then fit in the other side??
                so it appears that the S2 short shaft in unique to S2 ??
                has anyone found a of the shaft audi/vw/merc shaft thats close enough to fit , i would like to fit same shaft to all corners
                iam sure someone has been here before
                any ideas
                thanks
                mal
                Last edited by malncol; 1 October 2013, 10:18.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with my project. I am going to get a spacer machined up, its the easiest way. Some of the B5 and later models have assymetric shafts too but they are too long for the B2/B3 platform. You know the rear shafts are different lengths too right?
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i thought i read the rears are same as fronts just on opposite sides? but this is not correct.
                    how are they putting front shafts in the rear when the LHR shaft is shorter than the short front shaft, if that makes sence?
                    wouldnt the shaft bottom out??
                    this is making my head hurt ,going for burbon now
                    thanks
                    mal

Comment

ok the short rear shaft measures 565mm or 22 1/4 inches long
                      closest ive found is
                      1998-2004 A6 quattro LHF A/T which measures 22 inches long

so we use it and place spacers to suit and fit to all 4 corners??
                      thanks
                      mal

only thing i cant find is if it has 108mm inner??

Comment

ok iam sure someone will tell me where ive gone wrong??
                        A6 LHF shaft is 565mm which is same as LHR S2

565mm + 0 = LHR
                        565mm + 15mm = RHF
                        565mm + 25mm = LHF
                        565mm + 35mm = RHR
                        the outer joint appears to be the same as S2 , but the inner is not the same style joint but i think it would work??
                        would it be strong enough??
                        also planning on fitting A6 front hubs on all corners as ive got to make caliper brackets etc so will make to suit A6 offset??
                        thanks
                        mal

Comment

receieved the new A6 shaft and the outer is a matter of removing the ABS ring and i will have to bore the hub out were the ABS ring would sit as the new shaft is 77mm under the ring and the housing is 75mm The outer spline is a match A6/S2 but iam running A6 hubs so doesnt matter to me.
                          The inner joint maybe more of a problem ,its way bigger than the 108mm S2 flange but as i will need to make spacers i can adapt from the 108mm S2 to the A6. This will be a prob for the LHR as there was to be no spacer on that corner?

So some questions for some options
                          will any of the A6 gearbox output flanges go into a O1E box?
                          has anyone got any ideas on the rear problem??
                          thanks
                          mal

Comment

i think i need output flange to suit O1E but needs to have the 130mm bolt pattern??
                            help
                            thanks
                            mal

Comment

ok so ive pulled the output shafts out of a B4 that i had laying around and it has the 130mm flange to suit the shafts i want to use but they are to big were the shaft support/bearing runs?? easy fix turn down to same dia as the S2? next problem is the B4 has circlip end, S2 has bolt through shaft .
                              qeustion
                              circlip would be stronger but how strong are the S2 outputs with the bolt?
                              if i go circlip i need to change the diff centre to suit which is a lot of work and as ive already fitted wavetrac diff might not be worth the trouble
                              so i can bore the B4 shaft to use the bolt from S2 or as i asked early is there a output flange from other model which would work???
                              dont seem to be getting any coments one way or another , iam i going about this all wrong, is there a better option?
                              thanks
                              mal

Comment

Can't help you i'm afraid but opening a separate thread to discuss the drive shaft options might help?

Comment

Working...
                                X