rear of intrusion

front of intrusion

full shot

seats i will be using. tried recaros but could nt fined ones i liked

Comment

spare mount no where else to put it

foot rest codrivers side

and my first order of bits from 034
      ok thats where the car is at currently , iam hoping to have the inside and under floor painted over easter but we will see. there is still alot to do before then
      please all comments good or bad will be greatly appreciated , as ive said earlier there is next to no support here in oz so your input is needed.even for very silly little things as i havent even seen a S2 in the flesh , so iam building blind so too speak, there has been lots of views but very little feedback
      thanks
      mal

Comment

the fabrication work and bits you've put in look neat and tidy. most of those areas look "flat" to the eye but when you start to join things to them you realise just how 3-D and awkward they are.
        its taking shape.

Comment

Awesome project Mal
          What are your plans for the engine in terms of turbo and power?

Comment

iam not that great on engines but i have a guy that is.We are planning on a gtx3076r and m800 motec , we would like to get some good throttle response so not going to big somewhere about 500hp would be good
            mal

Comment

Superb stuff Mal....
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

could someone point me in the direction of the piant codes for the competion colors that audi used
                thanks
                mal

Comment

Originally posted by malncol View Post
                  could someone point me in the direction of the piant codes for the competion colors that audi used
                  thanks
                  mal
                  This is the international livery paint codes...

The white is L90E Alpine White...
                  85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

thanks for the paint codes Ian.
                    iam working on the front end, refitting the bar etc and iam about to start on the engine bay.
                    as far as i can tell the works cars ran 50mm spacers between subframe and body and i assume then they must have dropped the engine mounts down in the engine bay 50mm so it matched gearbox. Was this done for the bump travell / weight transfer?? ive allready moved the towers for more cam/cast just wondering what other advantages it might give me. i should add it will be gravel rally use on pretty average roads
                    thanks
                    mal

Comment

ok seeing as i didnt get much input on the spacing of the front crossmember/lowering engine mounts i decided to do it anyway

also made the front bar slip on

changed the headlights to the small ones

Comment

started the dash area

wavetrac front diff arrived

Comment

made the radiator mount also cut holes in the rear panel

decided to make the radiator hinge so i could still access the boot area

new work toy arrived

Comment

Lovely work so far
                            84 URQ 20VT
                            95 avant 80 TDI
                            87 CQ

Comment

Nice work on the fabrication! I am not sure about lowering the engine mounts? Are you going to be running a lot of ride height for gravel? If it runs at all lowered you are going to have poor shaft angles.

Comment

yes will be running high in the front. By spaceing the engine and the gearbox the relationship of the angles should not have changed, just means the towers/body is 50mm further from the lower arms/engine and box .It will give me more bump travel. It will mean i have to move the steering arm up the strut by 50mm to keep the same geometry. Outer steering ends will be rose joint so i hpoe to adjust bump steer there
                                thanks
                                mal

Comment

Working...
                                X