No announcement yet.

mal's ozzie S1E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the comments and yes looking forward to a drive for sure, still lots to be done though
    thanks
    mal

Comment

fantasic project , ive just purchased the 034 wishbones [same as yours] we are going to mod the alloy inserts that fits inside the rose joints so that the wish bone sits further forward in sub frame [not central] ,more castor

Comment

Looking really good. I really like the dash especially, i have a weird fetish for all the relays and fuses being so accessible. Probably due to wiring control panels for a living and appreciating how good it would be for future fault finding. Keep it up and get the videos up!

Comment

Looks awesome with the livery on the body
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

looking awesome keep them pics coming
            ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A1quattro View Post
              fantasic project , ive just purchased the 034 wishbones [same as yours] we are going to mod the alloy inserts that fits inside the rose joints so that the wish bone sits further forward in sub frame [not central] ,more castor
              yep they are nice arms, mod the inserts will work ,we dont have to at this stage because we move the strut top back to get more castor
              thanks
              mal

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
                Looking really good. I really like the dash especially, i have a weird fetish for all the relays and fuses being so accessible. Probably due to wiring control panels for a living and appreciating how good it would be for future fault finding. Keep it up and get the videos up!
                yes thats why i had too recess the motec so the dash can hinge down against the cage so you can see work on the back of the dash

Comment

rally car corner weights

my rally car corner weights [done during 2006 / 20vt with 016 5speed box] . unladen 1179kg , Lf /353kg , Rf / 390kg , Lr /226kg, Rr/210kg laden 1349 kg , 399,428,273,249 , car now fitted with 01e gearbox which are apprx 10kg heaver than o16 box ,kevlar doors and roof, carbon bonnet and boot been fitted since last corner weight session so i recon we are around 1150-60kg. currently on a mission to knock 50kg off unladen weight ,,target 1100kg , also my navigator was 100 kg , he is at last on a diet [target 85kg] , so total Laden weight should be 1255kg [ i make that 7% lighter ]

Comment

RE weights, is your car lwb or swb used for gravel rally?? we took a guess at app 1300kg laden with close to 50/50 split but will see
                    thanks
                    mal

Comment

Can't assist in any way, but certainly can admire your tenacity and the results.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Comment

my rally car is a LWB [normal] with kevlar A1 type body kit .we only do tarmac events as forest is a car killer, but who knows maybe one day , let us know what you get the weight of your s1 down to, i dont think a swb is much if any lighterthan lwb

Comment

i dont think its poss to get weight distribution to 50/50 even though its does help with 2 people in the car , i think ours is something like 42 rear / 58 front , but you do have the advantage of the massive s1 rear spoiler which apparently will give down force even at 40mph and radiator in the boot so could be close to 45/55%

Comment

ok motec has arrived, M800 with C125 dash

some shots of the spacers for the A6 drive shafts

Comment

more shaft pics

made a rear window, channel for top edge

clips for bottom edge

done

Comment

struts 55mm shafts made by MCA suspenion

Comment

Working...