mal's ozzie S1E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• realy great project!
    which turbo are u going to use,gt(x) 35?
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• thanks for the comments, the turbo is GTX3076R with 0.82 A/R , should work well
      thanks
      mal

Comment

• Awesome stuff Mal!

cant wait to hear this thing fire up!!!
        Current:
        1993 Audi S2 Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r w/ E85 = 430kw atw

Past:
        2002 Audi S4 Nogaro Blue Stage 3+ - 250kw+ atw
        2001 Audi S3 Silver - 169kw+ atw

Comment

• nice,i use a gt3076r with 0.82 A/R full boost(2.2bar) at 3800 rpm
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

• This must be one of the coolest buildthreads ever!
            Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
              nice,i use a gt3076r with 0.82 A/R full boost(2.2bar) at 3800 rpm
              that would be very nice as its going to be used for gravel rally so early boost is the go
              thanks
              mal

Comment

• Awesome progress, you are really going to town on it!

Comment

• it lives it lives wooohoooo
                  some small problems like an oil leak from a suspect temp sender but the one of most concern is the powersteer pump. The pump is for 90q 20v same as b4 v6 and has the two pressure outlets ,one for PS and one for the brake pressure i think
                  apparently you cant just block off the brake one as the pumps explode
                  some one must have fixed this before
                  do i put a hose on it and return it to PS resivor or can i disassemble it and remove vanes from that part of the pump??
                  thanks
                  mal

Comment

• i have rebuild a paspump from a urs4 AAN engine,it's almost the same,i just disassembled the brake servo part from the pump and remove the pistons so you just use the first part of the pump for powersteering,it's possible
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• yes just remove the pistons they ran off cam on the shaft, But best to replace both X screws and o rings with Oem kit to be sure they do not leak again changing o rings never seems to work
                      RS 2 580HP

Comment

• ok seeing as i am yet to fit a pas cooler would it be possilbe to run a hose from brake servo through a cooler to the return from the rack?? there would be no pressure so should work ?? would save me having to mod a pump
                        thamks
                        mal

Comment

• Fitted the oil cooler and the power steer system seems to be working ok, mined you the 034 quick rack is no good.Iam getting it looked at at the moment and i was told there is no way i should fit it to the car
                          034 strikes again
                          on a more happier note it survived the day on the dyno although the motec computer failed about halfwat through.Borrowed one to finish the map and at this stage with fairly basic safe tune we saw 317kw's at the hubs at 20psi. put a smile on my dial
                          ill post some more figures when i get them
                          thanks
                          mal

Comment

• Perhaps worth having a word with James (Terrybullwon) on here as he runs an 034 quick rack. I am sure he told me it was a little stiff to use at first but got better after some use?

Comment

• the rack is still away getting looked at,but when i started the car it went to full left lock on its own and didnt come back so there is no way it can be used at this point.
                              early report was that it was not meshing and was almost riding over the teeth and very notchy . ill wait untill i get full report before contacting 034 but if past repeats i can kiss another 1k away they really dont give a 8888 once you have made payment and after the amount that ive spent with 034 its dissapointing
                              thanks
                              mal

Comment

• Originally posted by malncol View Post
                                the rack is still away getting looked at,but when i started the car it went to full left lock on its own and didnt come back so there is no way it can be used at this point.
                                early report was that it was not meshing and was almost riding over the teeth and very notchy . ill wait untill i get full report before contacting 034 but if past repeats i can kiss another 1k away they really dont give a 8888 once you have made payment and after the amount that ive spent with 034 its dissapointing
                                thanks
                                mal
                                mal i would first check that pas pump as i have had that problem with electric pumps sending 3 racks fully one way very hard too, (i know your is mechanical) All the racks i used where off my cars so i new were good, i swapped the pas pump and perfect. Just try a standard pump an plumbing 1st could save you a lot of grief

Comment

Working...
                                X