Sport Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clive A View Post
    E85. Estimate knock off 10% ish for regular pump fuel?

C
    Make it 25%.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• I agree with prj. The us whp on e85 is similar to euro crank power on petrol.

Comment

• Dom at SVP is just finishing installing the half cage so as to be as unobtrusive as possible.

I've also decided to go for an upgraded CNC'd head to improve breathing still further. Should be knocking on the door of 700bhp on E85 :-) Here is the cover, head and dyno on E85 and 98 RON on the pre-CNC head measured at the wheels.

With any luck the engine should be in the UK by the end of this month.

C

Comment

• Cage is tucked in nicely.

What other bars are still to go in?

What is the weld on the inside of the hoop for?
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• The welded boss is for seat belts. No more has to go in - it's going to be a road car though so the half cage won't be a full Monty version. It is tied in to the rear towers though so should add stiffness and a fair degree of protection.

Comment

• good to hear that the engine should be on the way and with you soon, do the 01e gearbox's mate up to the 07k block then?

looks good cant wait for more progress

Comment

• It mates with a small mod to the bell housing. Hanks is sending us the template for the mod (reminder Hank!). Meantime Mr Tonks has found me some replica wishbones - I am a happy man :-)

Comment

• Some pics of CNC head and engine just before shipping. Should arrive in UK next week. ;-) c550bhp on 98RON and around 650 on E85.

Comment

• S****y!

Comment

• Eh I got marshalled for that. Ok very very nice.!

Comment

• Last edited by Albert; 26 April 2015, 12:46.
                        AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Some pics of CNC head and engine just before shipping. Should arrive in UK next week. ;-) c550bhp on 98RON and around 650 on E85.

looks good clive! dont forget to get the bellhousing mod instuctions/template

Comment

• I think engine is from VW Rabbit. Non fsi model.

Comment

• Here are the final dyno figures from the new CNC head (dotted) vs the old standard one (solid lines). 98 RON UK pump fuel and E85. Measurements are at the wheels so these gross up to c550BHP on 98 RON and c690 on E85. Happy days.

The original block is from a US Rabbit - 2.5l in-line 5cyl, transverse mount. Very similar to the TTRS. Hank Iroz has done a conversion to mount in longitudinally mated to the 01E gearbox from an S2 in my Sport Quattro and increased the power "somewhat" over standard... Hopefully it will land at Brian's later this week.

Comment

Offered together roughly...

Does it makes sense to finish the whole car metal work and rollcage and then galvanize it as a unit? Something speaks against it?
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X