No announcement yet.

Aarons 8's or better RWD tube chassis build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of work went into this piece right here. First layout, fit and shape. Step roll the edges along the fender. Then run it thru the radius roller some. Brake the two edges, and use the shrinker on the edge along the door to conform the radius. Lastly, bend the bottom brake and the radius which is actually 5 steps; brake a little, pull out 1/8", brake a little, test fit, brake a little on and on.
    Still have some to get it perfect and then drill/prep/weld it in. Pull the extension after drilling pilots and put the dzus wires in.

And the other days bow of rain....

this side is done. capped the rocker i built as well. that multi-break piece wasnt easy.

and the mountain tonight looks great.

Comment

• Got a sauna, and it was seriously less than 1.5 hours to unpack and assemble. Have wanted forever, and may remove the shower in my office and put this in its place, but for now it's in the weight room / office area.

Here is the completed driver side in some rattle can to see all of the angles and shapes involved.

Step by step. First step edged it then rolled it. That's where we start here.

And lastly, the piece that caps off the rocker panel. Has to be broke in a certain order or it doesn't work.

And some tractor work scraping the driveway for some more rock to be delivered.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hats off to you with the fab work. I'm always in awe of the work I see on here.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• THANKS!!!!!

i am learning so much from this guy while i do this stuff. its been there for almost 2 years and one month, and in that time i have gained a lot of knowledge.

having a full shop with all of the PROPER tools for the work helps of course.

each time i look at the awd race car, i now think "well you could have done THIS instead" or "why did you do it that way?" basically my on worst critic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
            Hats off to you with the fab work. I'm always in awe of the work I see on here.
            about the driveway?
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

• I wonder when he will be ready
              what is your powergoal on the engine?
              keep up the good work
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Nice to see all the steps to make a piece like that.

You must have a lot of patience!
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• it will be awhile yet to complete. been over two years working on it now, i have time. maybe next year? i figure still need another $30k USD to finish, and have more than that already invested.

power goals? whatever it takes to run 7.80. we are thinking the car will come in around 2000 pounds or less hopefully. power will be in the 1000+ whp area. GTX4508R, 80mm billet and nitrous to spool up on the converter. dont plan to spray down track but if thats what it takes, welllllll then.

Comment

• Workin on a mechanical fuel
                    Pump setup. 4.8 gallons per minute at 8k rpm will be enough i think. methanol for fuel and dual rail staged injection. thinking something like 1700cc primary injectors and then something much larger for the second stage.

And got the passenger side done now the rears are next.

Here is the stock profile for the rocker inside of my own design.

Thinkin somewhere over here to fit the fuel pump.

Comment

• Loving your tin work Aaron
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• So the rockers I made left a big shelf or ledge in the rear wheel wells right in front of the tire. Crap could accumulate there and fall off in the path of the tire and that would be no bueno. So I made some finisher pieces for them kinda like I did up front.

And step by step. The brakes have to be made in a certain order or it's not going to work. Ask me how I know haha.

Comment

• I didn't get much done on my car this last trip to the shop as I was busy working with this one. Carbon fiber body Outlaw 10.5 Camaro that runs low 6's and ~210 mph plus. 903 cubic inch Sonny Leonard motor on nitrous. 1730 horsepower on the motor and it runs 6 kits of nitrous. With four kits going it's 2800 horsepower and the fifth and sixth kits have not been hit yet but all 16 nozzles for the last two kits are 400 each. To put it into perspective for me, my entire 122 cu in motor is just over 1 cylinder for Paja's 903 cu in monster.

I did some front motor plate work though, and took apart the dogbox for the awd car. It's rubbing inside somehow with reverse.

Working on the mechanical fuel pump. At 8k engine rpm it's pushing 4.91 gallons per minute at 100 psi. That might be enough haha..... using methanol fuel for this car.

And this dogbox.

Cracked and self clearanced reverse syncro.

Old 1-2 slider on right, new on left.

Last edited by speeding-g60; 10 April 2016, 23:43.

Comment

• I forgot main guy was helping disassemble.

Comment

• Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by speeding-g60; 17 April 2016, 20:46.

Comment

• Nice it's getting there bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X