No announcement yet.

Aarons 8's or better RWD tube chassis build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the drive mandrel for the mech fuel pump. machined some to fit my pulley. now ordered the belt and just waiting for it to get here.

And getting the manifold ready for staged injection, two rails, double the amount of injectors.

Random mountain shot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

• All done with machining.

Some reraxin.... in the hot tub time machine.

Comment

• Possibly a silly question, but why the mechanical fuel pump?
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Going to be using methanol for fuel with no intercooler, dual rails with staged injection and nitrous. The largest electric fuel pump would be on the ragged edge of being overworked. This will be all the fuel I will ever need, flowing almost 5 gallons a minute at 8000 rpm amd 100 psi.
          Remember that methanol will take about twice as much volume as gas will to make the same output.

Primary injectors will be around 1700-2000cc and the secondaries will be much larger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Manifold second rail injector bungs are welded in. And belt drive is ready to test in the car now.

Adjusted the oil dipstick to be functional.

And can't forget dinner..... filet mignon, bacon wrapped filet, little lobster tails in butter, large shrimp in butter and garlic, and two Rib-eye; 1.5 for me, half for my son. He only eats "Dads kind of steak". And some breaded shrimps from the oven.

Last edited by speeding-g60; 1 May 2016, 02:13.

Comment

• Another reason, not just capacity, to run a mechanically driven fuel pump is the power consumption of massive electric pumps - especially if there is a number of them. You can't run alternatorless system with three pumps drawing 30-40 amp each AND have proper ignition system.

And also, if You run tons of electric pumps flat out, and only carry a gallon of fuel to begin with, You'll boil it quicker than You might think. Belt driven pump has variable speed, so on idle it won't fry Your fuel.
              Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

• ^^^^^ yep, all of the above. and cost, as well.

Comment

• Finally have this thing sitting on the ground. ProMod car needs to be on the chassis jig so off I go.

Current one and new one, showing body changes. Specifically wheel arches and location of arches.

Comment

• Love it! pushing the wheels out makes it look so good

Comment

• dunno where i was with updating, so here is Last weekends work. Mount turbo and door lexan stuff.

Fuel pump mounted.

Quickie of the Chubhouse I am building for the boy. 8 feet up, enclosed house part is 8 x 12, with 8 x 12 deck which is 4 x 12 Covered and 4 x 12 open. Just a couple random shots of it. Cut a notch in The branches to tuck it up in there.

Built the back wall lying flat and stood it up, openable window and all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Been a minute.

Turbo manifold looks almost done. logos being water jetted now.

Comment

• And the Chubhouse progresses as well.

Comment

• Car is looking good but I really like the clubhouse!

Comment

• Go to agree the clubhouse looks brilliant. Lovely work on manifold too
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                              X